World   >   Asia   >   Japan   >   Tokyo   >   Chiyoda   >   Nagatacho
 
 
Nagatacho:
       
 
Part of Chiyoda-ku, the Nagatacho district can be reached through the Nagatacho subway [N07, Z04, Y16] or the Akasaka-mitsuke subway [G05, M13].

About 200 m south of the subway station can be found the Hie-jinja shrine: at the same time Ohota Dokan built the Edo castle (now the Imperial Palace) in 1478, he erected a shrine nearby as a guardian deity of the casle. It was then moved to its present location after being burned by the fire which destroyed Tokyo in 1657. At the end of World War II, it was bombed and destroyed: the current structure dates from 1967.

 
Nagatacho.   
 
Street 1.    Taken by POS on 15 Jan 2006 using a Canon IXY Digital 400; Copyright © 2006 cityglance.org.
 
Street 2.    Taken by POS on 15 Jan 2006 using a Canon IXY Digital 400; Copyright © 2006 cityglance.org.
 
Street 3.    Taken by POS on 15 Jan 2006 using a Canon IXY Digital 400; Copyright © 2006 cityglance.org.
 
Street 4.    Taken by POS on 15 Jan 2006 using a Canon IXY Digital 400; Copyright © 2006 cityglance.org.
 
Street 5.    Taken by POS on 15 Jan 2006 using a Canon IXY Digital 400; Copyright © 2006 cityglance.org.
 
Street 6.    National Diet Building. Taken by POS on 15 Jan 2006 using a Canon IXY Digital 400; Copyright © 2006 cityglance.org.
 
Street 7.    Taken by POS on 15 Jan 2006 using a Canon IXY Digital 400; Copyright © 2006 cityglance.org.
 
Street 8.    Taken by POS on 15 Jan 2006 using a Canon IXY Digital 400; Copyright © 2006 cityglance.org.
 
Shrine 1.    Hie-jinja shrine. Taken by POS on 15 Jan 2006 using a Canon IXY Digital 400; Copyright © 2006 cityglance.org.
 
Shrine 2.    Hie-jinja shrine. Taken by POS on 15 Jan 2006 using a Canon IXY Digital 400; Copyright © 2006 cityglance.org.
 
Shrine 3.    Hie-jinja shrine. Taken by POS on 15 Jan 2006 using a Canon IXY Digital 400; Copyright © 2006 cityglance.org.
 
 
about
www.cityglance.org