Peruvian food has started to gain popularity all over the world. It is now considered one of the best, most diverse cuisines in the world. However, you’ll find the best Peruvian food in the heart of Peru in Lima.
Different regions of Peru have slightly different cuisines. Peru has a diverse topography with a coastal region, rich green fields as well as mountains. People from the coasts primarily eat seafood while people near the Amazon favor fresh water fish and tropical fruits.
Andean cuisine is centered on meat and potatoes as well as maize and quinoa. Asian, African and European settlers brought their own flavors and spices with them as well.
Because of this, you can’t easily decide which food is the best Peruvian food. If you want to sample the best flavors in Peru, you should probably try Peruvian fusion food.
The Best Fusion at Le Moliere
The Royal Park Hotel’s in-house restaurant Le Moliere is an excellent fine dining destination. It offers an array of dishes that employ Peruvian fusion flavors. You’ll find the best fusion gourmet food made from fresh, local ingredients by an excellent chef.
The ambience of the restaurant is warm and sophisticated, setting the tone for the dining experience. You get to experience a blend of international and local flavors along with some Peruvian specialties. The meals come with freshly baked bread and a collection of great wine vintages and other such drinks. Dinning at Le Moliere is a great way to understand the true depth and complexity of the best Peruvian food.
Royal Park Hotel also conducts gastronomic tours, understanding the growing international interest in Peruvian food. You can enjoy a piping hot cup of exquisite organic Peruvian coffee at the start of the tour. If that’s not to your taste, you can try the refreshing Lucama milkshake, that’s sure to energize you.
After that, you can roam the streets of Lima, visiting the Barranco and enjoying the bohemian vibe. You can savor the world famous Ceviche with the Pisco Sour cocktail and other local and international favorites.
Nothing brings two people together better than great food and the same can be said of businesses. The lunch offerings at Le Moliere can elevate anyone’s mood and make negotiations a breeze, thanks to a truly inspired lunch menu. You can enjoy the best Peruvian food right in the heart of Lima and take great memories back home with you.
Africa is a beautiful continent. It is a superb destination for anyone who wants to relax and unwind. One of the reasons that guests flock to the continent is because of the beautiful and spectacular places such as the Victoria Falls, Table Mountain in South Africa and the great Pyramids of Giza. Another big attraction that draws guests to visit Africa is the wildlife. Africa is home to abundant and diverse animals. The continent is home to marvelous animals such as the Famous Big Five (these are the African lion, the African elephant, the black or white rhino, the Cape buffalo and the elephant). The members of the Big Five are the five most dangerous animals that guests will encounter in the bush on their African safari. One particular animal in the big five is very interesting to observe during an African safari. This animal is the African elephant.
The African elephant is very impressive because it is a highly intelligent animal. Through the ages, the African elephant has captured the imaginations of people across the globe. No species has received more attention than the elephant. Not only is it the largest land animal, extraordinary communication, similar lifespan to humans, strong sense of family make this animal truly fascinating animal to observe during a safari package holiday.
Elephants occur in a wide variety of habitats from open grassland to forested regions including open arid savanna or desert, and the contrasting wet areas of marshes and lake shores, from sea level to mountainous regions above the snowlines. Elephants are not territorial. However, each family or clan may have a specific home range, and these may overlap. These animals can walk vast distances in search of nutritional forage and water.
In conclusion guests should to go on African safaris. Whether they choose to go on safari honeymoons or luxury family safaris, guests are sure to treasure their time in Africa. In Africa, visitors will be amongst great animals such as the African elephant. After their safari package holiday, they are also sure to return home with a new positive appreciation for nature and their own place within nature.
The Sinhala & Tamil New Year Festival is a major cultural celebration held annually with much festivity and flair in Sri Lanka. The celebration of the festival, which usually takes place on the 13th or 14th of April, promises to be a grand and exciting event for tourists looking to experience the culture and heritage of the island. Lasting for a period of 7 days, the event marks the end of an old era and welcomes the dawn of a new era that promises to be filled with good fortune and blessings. The festival also coincides with the end of the harvest period, and thus the harvest festival is also celebrated along with the Sinhala & Tamil New Year.
Traditionally known in Sri Lanka as Aluth Avurudu, the Sinhala & Tamil New Year celebrations follow auspicious times calculated by astrology. The time at which the new year dawns and the old year ends is usually hours apart from each other based on astrological calculations. As the celebration for the festival begin, women in some areas of the island come together to play a drum-like instrument known as the raban. People throughout Sri Lanka light various types of fireworks and fire crackers to celebrate the event. During the Festival, much of the country is on holiday as people travel to visit their hometowns.
Find out more information on the Sinhala & Tamil New Year 2011 and on Sri Lanka travel by visiting the Truly Sri Lanka web portal. This popular website features comprehensive information on the island’s attractions, culture and must see destinations that is sure to help you plan your Sri Lanka holiday better.
A princess themed birthday party is what most girls fancy growing up. Let her live the fantasy for a day by organizing a birthday bash with a dash of royalty. Plan the party like activities, invitations, return gifts and decorations around her dreams and make it unforgettable for her. No matter how elaborate your plans are, ensure that there are a good many cameras snapping away splendid photographs.
Spruce up the venue with satin ribbons of pink and lavender, or green or pale blue. Or you could put up flag banners. If the party theme is very specific to a princess, then you could get plates, cups and napkins accordingly. Shower confetti as each guest arrives. Children will absolutely love it. Not much is required, unless your doll is gaga about balloons, in which case please ensure that there is no dearth of them.
Assuming that your little lady has her princess attire ready for the big day, lets look at the activities that you can arrange. Based on your princess’ favorite fairy tale, you can twist around party games around that. Take the piñata game of pinning the tail on the donkey and make it funny. How? Play a game of sticking smoochy lips on a frog! Now that’s a cool spin on a routine party game.
You could also set up a craft station. Each little VIP gets their very own crown. Have cutouts of tiaras ready and offer them color, glitter, stickers, glue. Lay sheets of newspapers on the craft benches with an adult ready to assist the mini-royals and hopefully, it won’t get messy. Crank up the level of excitement by clicking instant pictures of them wearing their own handmade crowns. This can be a great souvenir to take home! Such crafty activities are a great way to keep the kids and their mums engaged together and they are easy on the pocket too.
Settle down the guests with a round of story telling. Let your princess decide on the fairy tale to be narrated. This should give the adults some breathing time to attend to other chores, like clearing away the craft benches and get the food table, gift stations set up and arrange for the cake cutting ceremony.
Remember that princesses like no mess. While cake and ice cream are a given, stock up on finger foods. Wraps with ham-n-cheese or veggies, bite sized sandwiches and pizza, fruit and vegetable tray and cookies should be good add-ons. Keep some adult refreshments for the chaperones too. You can bring in the pink in food too; use pomegranates, cherries, strawberry, beetroots, ripe guavas and make pomegranate popsicles or juice, strawberry and banana and feta cheese on a toothpick, strawberry ice-cream floats over lemon soda, guava jellies and the works!
Irrespective of age, all kids love a favor bag. Make it special by picking up a princess purse adorned with glitter and sequins. Put in a lip-gloss or a glitter nail polish or a small brush and some beady jewelry. Plastic bracelets, beady necklaces, even finger rings will always be appreciated.
Throwing a grand princess party isn’t as daunting as you think. Even on a modest budget, it can be made fun and memorable. The key is to keep your little princess and her friends busy and happy with playful activities, cute gifts and yummy finger food. Don’t forget to take pictures so that your doll can look back with pride and happiness.
The fridge-freezer is an essential household appliance, so it is important to choose the right one. However, this doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune. Here’s a rundown of the ten best designs under £500.
This freestanding stainless steel fridge-freezer is as energy efficient as they come, using up to 25% less energy than your standard model. If that wasn’t enough, it has energy-saving LED lighting and is frost-free. Price: £299.99
With its minimalist design and glossy white finish, the Hotpoint FSFL1810P will please anyone looking for a modern and practical fridge-freezer. It has an A+ energy rating, as well as a holiday setting that saves energy while you are away. Price: £299.99
Storage space will never be an issue with this American-style fridge-freezer, equipped with four shelves, a large box salad crisper for fruit and vegetables and four door compartments. It also has an audio warning system which will sound when the door has been left open for a long time. Price: £430
This fridge-freezer is not only ultra-modern in design, but also boasts the latest cooling technology that can keep food fresher for longer. The large storage space is handy, too. Price: £399
Hotpoint Trio FFU3DX
The Hotpoint Trio fridge-freezer may only be 70cm wide but includes all the best features including anti-frost technology, high energy efficiency and an LED temperature display with a double electronic thermostat. Price: £484
This well-designed model from Beko features reversible doors and can work in a garage. It has seven spacious compartments which can be handy for storing large items like loaves of bread, as well as an ice bank tray for making and storing ice cubes. Price: £339
Is there anything better than a cold drink on a hot summer’s day? This fridge-freezer has a door-mounted dispenser that holds up to two litres of water. There is also an ‘eco function’ which regulates the fridge-freezer’s temperatures. Price: £266
While it might not be the flashiest design, this Siemens fridge-freezer has all the practical necessities you need, including quick freezing functions and deep compartments to keep food fresher for longer. The removable bottle rack is a nice touch. Price: £409
Frost-free and energy efficient, this stainless steel fridge-freezer has a storage capacity of 165ltr – ideal for families with limited space. Spacious design makes it easy to clean. Price: £279
With 350 litres of space, this is a great family fridge-freezer. It is cheap to run and eco-friendly, with an A+ energy rating. Price: £399.99
For more designs and commercial refrigeration equipment, visit Fridge Freezer Direct
Whether you’re looking for energy efficient or eco friendly designs, extra space for groceries or just a model that looks cool, this round-up will provide you with the best choices at the best prices.
California, the third largest state in America is a diverse collection of natural wonders. From the beaches to mountains and deserts to valleys, plateaus and basins, California with its rich natural diversity is an ideal location for destination weddings.
What are destination weddings?
Simply put a destination wedding is the celebration of the wedding ceremony in a place which is away from home. It generally takes place in some picturesque destination around the world. With many places to choose from around the world, couples are generally spoilt for choice. Yet it has been seen that California destination weddings are increasingly becoming popular because they:
- Offer a wide variety of picturesque locales like the Napa Valley, the Orange County, and San Diego etc.
- Are extremely affordable and offer comfortable choices for
- Intimate and private weddings,
- Weddings with limited group of friends and
- Grand weddings with hundreds of guests.
Some locations offered by California
Some locations which have gained popularity for being the ideal hosts to several California destination weddings are:
- The Orange County: Luxurious beaches and beautiful seaside hotels make this place an ideal destination for couples looking for a sun and surf type of wedding.
- Los Angeles: This dream city where the rich and famous stay is well-known for its ritzy yet classically chic weddings.
- San Diego: This place has the sun shining almost throughout the year. Hence anyone looking for a down-to-earth locale steeped in history would find the sunny San Diego an ideal location.
- San Francisco: This place has a charm and sophistication of its own and people looking for a perfect backdrop for their wedding photos would find this place pretty attractive and enduring.
- Napa valley: Famous for its vineyards, the Napa Valley is full of breathtaking scenery and understated elegance making it an ideal place for a destination wedding.
Things to keep in mind when opting for a destination wedding
Since the wedding effectively takes place at a place away from home, it is best to
- Select the wedding destination with the help of a travel agent and destination wedding planner so that the feasibility of the plan can be checked out,
- Start planning for the wedding around 9 to 15 months in advance,
- Check out the legal requirements of getting married in the destination chosen and get the legal documents and formalities in place before proceeding for the wedding destination,
- Inform the guests in advance so that they can plan and budget accordingly.
The wedding planners should also ensure the availability of an onsite wedding coordinator who can help iron out any problems that crop up during the course of the stay for the wedding.
The Hirafouna festival is held to bring together small and medium companies that are in the business of arts and crafts. Patriarch Saint Nasrallah Botrous Sfeir has been tasked with the responsibility of directing the activities of the exhibition. If you are in the field of painting, making of sculptures and other handmade house accessories then this exhibition is for you. Gather together with other friends of FProtocol to showcase your talent to the world.
Your skill, your livelihood
It is encouraged that those with live skills to come and sell them just as the others are doing. The Hirafouna festival held severally over the years has raised quite a lot of money for the exhibitors because art is a commodity that cannot be replicated. When you are in the business of handicrafts and you discover this concept, then the profit making aspect of business is realized.
Music you know
Since an exhibition in most cases lasts for the whole day, FProtocol organizers have stand by entertainment to keep the crowd lively. Apart from recorded music, there are also live singers that hype the participants. It is always refreshing to carry out an interesting activity with your favorite music singing in the background. The music mixes heard at these events are bound to be sort for afterwards by people who are holding private functions and are looking for sound services. It is therefore important to do your best if called to perform at such an event because it may create future opportunities.
The Lebanese cuisine
The Hirafouna festival is also an opportunity for traditional Lebanese cooks to run food kiosks. The busy modern lifestyle that makes people all around the world to opt for takeout, fast foods and quick fix meals is not a strange concept here. This is therefore a prefect even for people to sample some of their traditional foods. Since it is an exhibition, these foods are normally prepared with the ingredients and equipment used traditionally. It is a good opportunity therefore to learn one or two culinary tricks which you can later use to charm your family and friends.
Bring your family
Exhibitions organized by FProtocol are usually family events with an item of interest for every member. We will therefore provide a kids section where there will be games and goodies specially prepared with kids in mind. As you enjoy the art, music and food of the day, keep an eye on your child to avoid time wastage in the event that they get lost into the crowd.
For tourists and foreign nationals working in Lebanon, schedule your stay to coincide with this exhibition. It is a perfect opportunity to sample the food, music and hospitality of the people. This is also a great pass time for students and scholars in these parts of the world. Instead of getting bored in your room during the duration of the exhibition, just step out and experience the creativity of other people.
Jal El Dib, Lebanon
+961 4 722 795-6
Flowers are the ideal way to send good wishes for any and every occasion. They are easy to get and universal in appeal thereby bringing a smile on the face of every person who gets them. Hence today more and more people opt for floral bouquets and arrangements when they want to send greetings and wishes.
Flowers and their meanings
But to get flowers delivered by any Los Angeles flower delivery shop, it is important to know the significance of the flowers being sent. Only then will the flowers be able to convey your true feelings to the person concerned. Meanings of some commonly sent flowers are:
- Carnations: Available in a wide variety of colours, these flowers symbolise love, pride, beauty and fascination. They are among the most popular flowers sent and are immensely appreciated by one and all.
- Daisies: These beautiful blooms are the universal favourites for spreading joy and happiness all around. They symbolise an innocent beauty which brings a lot of joy and happiness to the person to whom the flowers are sent.
- Iris: Known for their elegant beauty, these flowers symbolise faith in life, hope for good things to come and wisdom to deal with whatever obstacles come in the journey of life.
- Orchids: These exotic flowers represent a delicate beauty which is rare. It creates a lasting impression on the person for whom they are sent. These tropical flowers have an appeal which is undeniable but since they are delicate flowers, most florists like the Los Angeles flower delivery discourage outstation delivery of the same.
- Lilies: Symbolising a refined beauty this flower is known to portray a fusion of emotions like modesty, virginity, passion, gaiety, sweetness and purity of heart. Hence lilies can be sent on a lot of occasions and they too are quite popular.
- Roses: Celebrated and revered as the symbol of love and passion, the rose has even found mention in the history books. The act of giving roses is an age old fashion which has till date not lost its appeal. It definitely portrays the matters of heart very eloquently.
- Sunflowers: These flowers have a unique quality of always looking up to the sun and following it throughout the day. Hence it symbolises adoration, devotion, warmth and loyalty. It is also thought to be a symbol of longevity.
- Tulips: These flowers are said to be indicative of “the perfect love” and impart grace and elegance to places where they are displayed.
Hence with all the flowers symbolising different meanings, it is very important to send meaningful flowers to people based on the reason for which they are sent.
Many people would want to spend some time away from the hustles and bustles of fast paced life and take some time to chill out. If you are a person who is looking out for such experience then it is better that you head to a perfect kind of rental vacation spot that offers you with comfort, luxury and most importantly privacy. Taking some time out for yourself in a rental vacation spot along the beach side is definitely going to provide you with the much needed relaxation and comfort. You will have to look into each and every aspect with regard to the rental vacation spot and then make an informed decision in this regard.
Laguna Beach vacation rentals
There are many Laguna Beach vacation rentals that you get to find but not all of them turn out to give the kind of luxury and comfort that you would expect to receive. The Sunset Cove Villas is one of the best and most popular Laguna Beach vacation rentals that offer you with a completely interesting sort of vacation experience. You can just unwind and relax in this beautifully located sea side spot. It provides you with eight exclusive and distinct villas with single, double and three bedroom facilities.
The rental spaces are decorated in a professional manner and ensure to provide you with complete experience. Each and everything in the Laguna beach resort is designed in such a way that it is able to offer ultimate comfort, luxury and pleasure to those who get to stay there.
There is a separate kitchen space that comes along with the villa for you to cook and enjoy your favorite food. The interiors comes with tile floors, granite counter tops, cabinets that are custom made, well equipped kitchen space, great appliances and everything that is needed for a comfortable stay. There is also an entertainment center found offering you with televisions, DVD player and CD player. Apart from this, you will also get to see additional televisions in each of the master bedroom.
You can also find a dedicated and well managed data communication line and telephone facility which helps you to communicate in an efficient manner. The Sunset Cove Villas is a dedicated space offering you with complete fun, entertainment and enjoyment all along. If you are looking to spend your vacation in the best possible way and have a relaxing time then you should choose this option.
When it comes to cherishing and celebrating the best moments of life, we would definitely want to go with the best location that would accentuate the overall experience and make us feel on top of the world. The kind of venue that you are choosing would have a great impact over the way you get to enjoy the whole event and this is why you need to make sure to put in some time and focus on picking out the finest venue for the best moment in your life.
Beach view venue
If you are looking for a perfect beach view celebrating venue in California then it is high time you get to know about Seven-Degrees events venue in California. It is one of the hot and happening spots that open you up to a wide range of possibilities all along. The award winning venue is the best event space you get to see alongside Laguna Beach that is set to provide you with a completely enthralling kind of experience. Each and every spot of the venue reflects style, elegance, luxury and comfort and is set to provide you with exceptional kind of experience overall.
Apart from providing with stunning angles and exceptional experience, it also turns out to be an ideal spot for almost all kinds of events and celebrations. Be it a lavish wedding or a great celebration or party, this is the ideal place to choose if you are looking to get exceptional kind of experience out of it on the whole. The place is perfect for art exhibitions, events or any kind of celebration for that matter.
It is a 25,000 sq ft space offering a complete experience for guests and hosts. The venue team would coordinate to provide with the best sort of experience that anyone can imagine taking one to a whole new world of fun and enjoyment. Known to have good eye for details, the place is definitely the best you can choose when it comes to having a cherished and wonderful memory of an event or celebration.
Seven Degrees is definitely the best spot that you can choose when it comes to celebrations, fun, enjoyment and a great experience overall. Make sure that you take a tour of the event venue website in order to know what you can expect out of it. It is definitely the best venue alongside the splendid Laguna Beach.
Laguna Beach is a popular beach town located in sunny southern, California. The area gained further attention after MTV’s hit show, Laguna Beach – “The Real OC aired in 2004. Laguna can be found south of Los Angeles, in Southern Orange County. Home to beautiful beaches, some of California’s finest museums, and art festivals, Laguna Beach is a destination for people of all ages!
Searching for an excursion rental in Laguna Shoreline? Tripping.com has 1,924 rental homes accessible in Laguna Shoreline. Potential leaseholders will discover 21 studios, 464 1-room, 609 2-room and 830 rentals with 3 or more rooms going from $25 a night to $6250 a night. A considerable lot of these properties are immediately bookable.
The normal cost of a daily rental in Laguna Shoreline is $394 while the normal cost of a week by week rental is $2026. For those searching for more than a transient rental, for example, corporate rentals, amplified stays or long haul rentals, the normal month to month cost of a Laguna Shoreline home is $6637.
Thinking about whether you can carry your most loved canine or feline with you? We have 312 pet inviting get-away rentals accessible for you. Notwithstanding obliging pets, Laguna Shoreline rentals offer an assortment of civilities. Specifically, 1,287 rentals have web and wifi, 1,737 have television and/or link and 413 have a pool or hot tub.
Look properties from 15 rental destinations in Laguna Shoreline where the top suppliers around there are HomeAway, Booking, and FlipKey. There are 1,153 HomeAway rentals, 333 Booking transient rentals and 220 FlipKey excursion rentals..for more visit Laguna Beach vacation rentals
Seven-Degrees is a grant winning venue offering full-administration occasion coordination and plan. A clear canvas surrounded by the clearing gulches of Laguna Shoreline, our unmistakable space is only the start of your experience. Weddings, craftsmanship appears, and occasions of numerous types are molded here. Each occasion is another, solitary, stand-out establishment fitting conscientious instinct with outline driven sharp. We have played maker and host to design appears, celebrations, philanthropy suppers, workmanship displays, weddings, and recompenses services. We are a venue that is alive and beating, and can be formed to suit your artful culmination.
Seven-Degreesis an occasion venue, as well as offers full administration occasion arranging that weds style and substance. The innovative staff of occasion virtuosus and hand-chose temporary workers exceeds expectations at both making and planning every subtle element of the experience. Through their scene of administrations and custom choices, each occasion at Seven-Degrees is a solitary, stand-out innovation. From in-house providing food and refreshment administrations to florals and stylistic theme. Broad in-house sound/visual capacities incorporate retractable extensive screen projection frameworks, plasma and LCD screens, zoned sound framework, sight and sound showcase, video catch and telecast ability from advanced cameras situated all through the office, and insightful lighting frameworks including full-room shading wash capacity.
Seven-Degrees is the juxtaposition of refined extravagance and cutting edge points. Assembled in 2001, the present day design piece is a canvas for inhabitant specialists and occasions. From the littlest, seven-degree corner after which it’s named, to the local succulent arranging and contemporary rooms, the venue has numerous features and boundless open doors. Outside, you have admittance to our porch sitting above Laguna Gully, the greenery enclosures carved into the Gully Divider, and our yard arranged over the appreciated promenade. Inside, you have entry to 25,000 sq. ft. of imaginative stylistic theme with in-house sound and visual abilities all through our headliner space and breakout rooms.
If you have birthday shopping to do then you know that finding the perfect gift can be difficult. No matter who you are shopping for, finding the gift that truly appeals to the can be a challenge to say the least. If you are shopping, yet struggling, then you may want to think outside of the box for your gift. These great suggestions will convey how much you care about the person, but for sure will surprise them.
If you are looking for a creative person a great idea is to get them the supplies or materials that they need to create their art. Find out what your artist is running low on, or goes through often, and purchase a lot of it. Showing them that you care and understand what they need will go a long way. You can also buy more expensive materials that may be out of your artist’s price range. Again, showing that you are serious about their chosen hobby is always a great idea.
If you are shopping for someone that is active, the best thing that you can purchase is an opportunity for them to stay active. For example, say that you live in Atlanta and you have a friend that is extremely into yoga. You could buy them a set amount of yoga classes at a studio close to their home. If they already have a dedicated studio that they attend, see if you can pay in advance for their classes or monthly memberships. It may seem small at the time, but they will be surprised.
Birthday shopping isn’t as easy as it used to be, especially as we get older, but with a little planning and outside of the box thinking, you will be able to get a great gift that is sure to surprise whoever you are getting it for.
Getting a gift for a child is easy. You simply ask them to make a list (generally a new toy or game) and you can get it for them. Teenagers are a bit more difficult, but you can generally get them a gift card or cash and they will be happy with it. Adults though can prove to be difficult to get gifts for though. Most of the time, they are simply happy to have something small, or spend time with you. If you want to surprise the adult in your life with a gift though, there are plenty of creative options that will be sure to please.
A great gift option for the women in your life is setting up a trip to a day spa. Think about it. Chances are the women in your life are overworked and constantly moving at a hundred miles per hour. By setting up a trip to a day spa not only are you letting them know that they are appreciated, but you are also giving them the opportunity to step away from everything and relax for a bit. It may not seem like much, but a little time to themselves can be exactly what they are looking for.
If you have some wine lovers in your life, then there is no better option than a membership to a wine club like Gold Medal Wine Club. With a wine club members are able to have wines sent directly to their house. Sometimes they will be selected at random, and other times members will be able to choose exactly which bottles the want. Wine lovers always enjoy trying new wines, so having a club take care of everything for them is a great way to show your appreciation.
Sometimes it’s hard to get an adult a gift, but if you are creative and think ahead, you will be able to get a great gift for them.
A lot goes into party planning. You have to determine the date of your event, what the guest list looks like and of course, where you will be hosting the event at. Generally, if you are having a low key affair, getting a group together at a restaurant is a great way to celebrate, no matter what the occasion is. When looking for the best restaurant there are a few tips to follow.
If you are planning a party for children, then you will want to find a family friendly restaurant. Chances are the restaurant that you choose will have plenty of experience dealing with children’s parties, so there will be a variety of games and activities to keep the little ones busy. After they are done playing, they get to eat (usually pizza and ice cream because it’s easy) before opening up gifts. After all that is done, they can stick around and continue to play while you wait for their parents to arrive.
If you are hosting an event or party for a group of adults you may want to step your game up. Feel free to plan the event at an upscale restaurant or better yet, a wine bar. The Wine Bar in Kansas City, Missouri is a great example of a wine bar that would be perfect to play host to a party. When planning the event, see if there are any specials that you can get for your group, food, drink or both.
Planning a party can be a thankless job, but you know that once the whole event goes off without a hitch that your hardwork has paid off. Find the best venue for you party and get ready to have a blast! Young or old, hosting a party at a restaurant is a classic way for you to have the big event without having to do much work.
Nothing spells “special occasion” like a beautiful pearl-white limousine. When you hire a limousine in Australia, you will find limo agencies that offer a variety of makes and models. While black is a traditional limo colour, white is often featured today instead.
A 12-passenger Limo
For example, the 2015 Chrysler 300C limousine is a limo for hire in Perth. The lengthy Chrysler has been a popular choice for at least a decade. Holding up to 12 passengers, the 12m stretch limo holds two more passengers than the older Chrysler 300C limo, a vehicle that boasts only a 10-passenger capacity.
It is not surprising that when you think of a limo, you equate the vehicle with such words as opulence, class and style. Limo rides are smooth and block out the superfluous noise outside. The pearl-white Chrysler 300 limousine showcases features that are incomparable. The car features a middle-entry gull wing door, a high-fidelity entertainment system and the type of striking design made for a night on the town.
A One-of-a-kind Limousine
Today’s white limos also include such vehicles as the Grand Cherokee. This one-of-a-kind jeep limousine features 3 LED colour-changing bars, a tri-colour interior and an infinity ceiling. The audio in the car is notably crystal-clear, so it’s yet another vehicle to consider when you are in the mood to celebrate.
With any limo car, you can enter and exit the vehicle with ease, which is good to know if you arriving in style at a grand premiere or event. Some of the deluxe-model limousines are outfitted with piano-black bars and splash-backs made of stainless steel. Dance the night away on colour-changing floors accompanied by a high-line audio-visual system.
Of all the limos in Perth, the Cadillac Escalade 14-passenger limo is distinctively the longest of the stretch limos. Measuring over 10 metres in length, the 2008 model boasts additional headroom, leg room and hip room as well.
The Ideal Wedding Limo
Therefore, you won’t have to squeeze several people in the back seat. The additional room is really there. Fourteen passengers can be seated in the ultra-plush seats without any sort of disparity. That is why the Cadillac Escalade is the ideal car to hire for a wedding party or large corporate celebrations.
Are you planning a big event? Is it a formal occasion? Then you need to find limo services that offer a fairly good selection of limo luxury cars. The aforementioned cars are just a small sample of which limo cars are available today. In the past, the limo was only available to dignitaries, politicians and celebrities. Now even the guy next door can hire a limo to take him and his friends around the town or to a special event.
If you want to plan big, make sure you choose a limousine to take you to and from events, making it possible for you to arrive in style. You don’t have to live in Hollywood either. Limos are featured all across the continent of Australia too.
If you are considering hiring a limousine for a wedding or another special occasion, many limousine companies offer a variety of vehicles from which to choose. While you’ve probably seen stretch limousines on the street, they are only one type of limo you can hire. Here are some of the choices you have when you are looking to hire a limousine.
A sedan limousine is nothing more than a chauffeur driven luxury sedan. For most limousine companies, this type of car is usually their least expensive option and it is typically used to take people to the airport, or businesses may hire them to drive visiting executives or clients. Most luxury sedans seat three to four passengers, so hiring a sedan limo could be a good choice if you want to impress a date.
For small groups who want to go out for a special night or go on a wine tour, an SUV limousine is a good option. These limousines typically seat between five and six people, depending on the vehicle’s configuration. They offer the room needed for everyone to feel comfortable during your excursion or night on the town.
This is the limousine that most people are familiar with because they may have been in one that was hired for a wedding or for a school dance. The entire wedding party will easily fit inside a stretch limo, as they designed to carry six to twelve passengers, depending on how they are configured. If you want to take the guys out for a last night on the town before getting married or if you and some friends want to chip in to take your dates to your school’s dance, a stretch limousine is the perfect transportation option.
Stretch Hummer Limousines
Many companies, such as Hummer City Limousine, offer stretch Hummer limousines for hire to get your wedding party to the church on time. They are a good option for taking a hens or bucks party out to the clubs to celebrate the bride’s or groom’s pending marriage. These vehicles typically seat 15 to 20 people comfortably and many limo companies stock them with beverages and party supplies so you can get your night started in the vehicle.
Most vintage limousines only seat two passengers, so they are a great choice for whisking away the bride and groom after they’ve said their “I do’s.” Many people are choosing to dress in vintage attire for their weddings, so hiring a vintage car that is in the same era of the wedding’s theme would be the perfect touch. You may have to shop around to find vintage limousines because not every limo company has them in their fleet.
The type of limousine you hire will depend on the occasion for which you are hiring it and the number of passengers being transported. Most limousines are hired by the hour, but you may save some money by asking about specials for weddings and school balls, or for hiring their services during off-peak hours.
For young children, birthday parties are more about their parents taking pictures and saving memories than they are about the child actually having a birthday that they won’t forget. For older children, the focus is on enjoying themselves at all costs and not necessarily being watched over or impeded by parent involvement. To make sure your child, no matter what their age, has a great time, here are a few tips to keep in mind when throwing a birthday bash.
Age Appropriate Activities
Depending upon the age of your child, you should always have activities planned that are going to be fun for everyone in attendance. For younger children below the age of five years old, you may want to go with fairly simple activities that are going to be fun for children and parents to partake in together. Most of the time, parents will be playing on the children’s behalf, due to the limited attention span of younger children; however, having such activities will keep everyone involved and ensure that they are having a good time. For older children, you may be able to invest in a bouncy house or a blow-up water slide. Additionally, you could always incorporate a themed photo booth hire in Sydney to capture memorable moments between your guests.
All-in-all, the key is to make sure that you have an assortment of activities that will keep the party lively and fun.
Performers are always an excellent option to keep children entertained, particularly if they are characters from some of their favourite shows. For children, it can be exciting to finally meet their friends from television or get balloon animals from clowns. While some families also decide to pay for live animal rides, you should be warned that this approach can get a bit messy and at times may be overwhelming for some children who are scared of large animals.
Always Have a Plan
Whether you’re throwing a party for a young child or an older teen, always make sure that you have a plan of events to accompany the party. For young children, you’re going to constantly have to keep them stimulated so quickly transitioning from one pre-planned activity to another will help to reduce crying fits due to boredom and make sure the party is fun. For older children, it’s all about organisation and maintaining control of the party. If you’ve gone to a public place for a birthday party, you’ll want to make sure you’re able to keep an eye on all of the kids and facilitate rides, food and the opening of presents. This makes your job easier in the long run and ensures everyone’s safety.
Food is a Necessity
With any party, to keep the children and also the parents happy, you should have food easily available. It doesn’t have to be an elaborate spread, but there should be enough choices to keep bellies full. There is nothing worse than a hungry child, and so you should always have either food available to self-serve or have a time arranged when everyone can eat.
Planning an event to celebrate the life or lives of those whom you love can be incredibly fun, though it can also be incredibly stressful. As enjoyable as it can be to peruse the aisles of your local party planning store, it is time-consuming and often results in a poor purchase decisions.
Saving you time is just one of the reasons why more party and event planners are choosing to take their business online rather than shop in a brick and mortar store for party supplies. Below are some of the other benefits which come with using your desktop PC or mobile device to shop online for the decorations you need for your next big event:
Even the largest of party supply store chains will not be able to carry the same amount of stock as an online party supply store. Party supply stores which operate online do not need to physically store the items which they offer on their website, and they have access to more manufacturers. This allows them to offer a greater selection of supplies to party planners, and it is often the reason for the next important benefit:
Because an online party supply store does not have the same overhead expenses as a physical store, they are able to pass on their savings to the consumer. This means that those who shop online for their party decorations and supplies are often able to save significantly more than if they were to purchase items in an actual store.
Those who shop online are not only treated to better prices. Shopping online also makes it easier for party planners to compare the size, price, quantity, and quality of the items they are considering with other party supply sites on the web.
The moment most novice party planners step into a party supply store, they feel overwhelmed. The number of decorations and theme possibilities are seemingly endless. It can also be hard for shoppers to keep track of what they have put in their cart or basket.
When you shop for your supplies online, you can keep everything easily organised in a virtual shopping cart. Prior to purchasing your items, you are able to review everything which you have selected and put into your “cart,” and are often provided with a thumbnail image of what you plan to purchase. This makes it significantly easier for event planners to organize items and make final decisions regarding which supplies they need, which they can do without, and which they may still need to shop for to deliver a fun-filled and memorable event.
Shopping for your supplies online streamlines the party planning process, but it can result in a few hiccups and headaches unless you do your research. Apart from picking the supplies for your next big event, shoppers must familiarise themselves with the shipping and return policies of the website. Some party suppliers may be able to offer next day shipping, while some items may arrive in five business days or longer. Review the return policy and understand what your rights are should you return a damaged or incorrect item.
If your toddler’s birthday is near, you’ll probably looking for some cool party ideas for him or her. There are a lot of things that you can do to celebrate and it will all depends on the age and the number of guests that you plan on inviting. Remember though that your party should be simple enough to keep the rowdiness level down for your toddler.
Know Your Child
During the first few years of your son or daughter’s life, he or she will usually be more clingy and dependent on you. But if there are other toddlers around, he/she may want to break away and play with other toddlers. The theme that you should set for your child’s party should be based on his or her behavior. If your son or daughter is always clinging for your attention, then it is better to apply a simple party with limited activities. You can set up some fun activities for older children. For your toddler, you can also setup some activities or games that will distract him or her while you entertain the guests.
Who Should Be Invited?
Remember that toddlers are generally shy, especially during their first years in the world. He or she can be quickly be overwhelmed by meeting a lot of people at once. So, try to make the invite list short and only invite a handful of friends and family members.
You need to choose the type of theme for the birthday party. If you like to make your child’s party unique then you can set a 70’s or 80’s inspired party where the guests will be wearing colorful clothes and items. The costumes will actually make your toddler happy since he will instantly notice the flash of different colors. You can also set a baseball or basketball inspired party where your guests will be wearing jerseys and colorful shorts.
Another cool theme that you can use is a superhero theme. Superheroes are great themes for parties since they have colorful costumes and they are a hit when it comes to young children. Both kids and adults will surely have some loads of fun if you set a superhero inspired birthday party. You can ask them to wear colorful costumes, capes and masks. You can also set some games based on a superhero theme.
Games and Birthday Party Ideas for Toddlers
When planning activities and games, you need to be mindful of your toddler’s tolerance for noise.. Kids love dress-up and they certainly love balloons. However, if you plan to make a balloon bursting game, your toddler might not like the loud noises. So, you need to choose some activities that does not involve loud noises or small parts which your toddler might accidentally swallow.
Throughout the summer months New York City is home to many events. There is always an event to attend and there is something that each person will enjoy. Whether you are traveling alone or with a group there are plenty of options to stay busy and explore all that New York has to offer. Here are some of the major events happening this summer in New York.
Book a vacation rental with New York Habitat and stay in the city from 2 nights up to 1 month. Visit our website to learn more about New York Habitat and explore the apartments that we have for rent.
American Ballet Theatre Season at the Met: May 17 – July 10
American Ballet Theatre Season is an annual event in New York that brings over 600,000 guests who come to watch the shows performed by one of the top dance companies in the world. This year hosts the 70th anniversary of the American Ballet Theatre, which is currently under the direction of Kevin McKenzie, a former dancer.
Shakespeare in the Park: June 9 – August 1 (Central Park)
Each year at the Delacorte theatre in Central Park, playgoers can sit on the lawn and watch one of Shakespeare’s plays for free. This summer the two plays being performed are The Winter’s Tale, and The Merchant of Venice, they will be performed in repertory for eight weeks during this event.
National Puerto Rican Day Parade: June 13
The 53rd annual Puerto Rican Day Parade will March along 5th Avenue and should have over 80,000 marching this year. It is one of the largest parades annually in New York with over 3 million viewers. The televised event is host to delegates from Puerto Rico as well as many participants from throughout the United States.
Check out our blog article on the National Puerto Rican Day Parade to learn more about this event.
HBO Bryant Park Film Festival: Mondays from June 21 to August 23,
Each Monday night, Bryant Park in New York hosts a film presented by HBO movie network. The park opens for blankets at 5pm and the movie begins at dusk.
River to River Festival: June – August
The River to River Festival hosts free music, dance and cultural events in lower Manhattan throughout the summer. The River to River Festival is currently in its 8th year and is New York’s largest free summer arts festival.
Central Park Summer Stage 2010: June – September
Each year the City Parks Foundation of New York presents the Central Park Summer stage. The Central Park Summer Stage is a series of free concerts offered throughout the season. This year the Summer Stage will host 33 free concerts and 8 benefit shows.
Celebrate Brooklyn: Zoom: Zvidance & Son Lux with Lottdance: July 1
(The Banshell in Prospect Park)
Choreographer Zvi Gotheiner’s, uses the audiences photos and text messages to create a show in which the dancers respond to what the audience is doing. Composer Son Lux and Lottdance will open the Show for Celebrate Brooklyn in New York on July 1st. Gates at this event will open at 7:00 pm.
Macy’s Fourth of July Fireworks: July 4 (Manhattan)
On July 4th annually the Macy’s fireworks Spectacular is a great way to celebrate Independence Day in New York City. This year the show returns to the Hudson River, where more than 120,000 fireworks from all over the world can be seen over the Hudson.
Lincoln Center Festival: July 7 – 25 (Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts)
This summer at Lincoln Center, global music and arts are celebrated through nearly 100 performances and events that take place during the festival in New York.
New York City Triathlon: July 18
Over 1,000 competitors each year swim the Hudson River, bike along the Henry Hudson Parkway and run through Central Park while participating in the New York City Triathlon.
Mostly Mozart Festival at Lincoln Center:July 27-August 21,Tickets go on sale June 3
Along with the Mostly Mozart Festival Orchestra, one can enjoy concerts at this festival ranging from early baroque music to pieces by composers of today. The Mostly Mozart Festival at Lincoln Center in New York is an event that attracts both the savvy concert attendee as well as those who would like to attend a more casual performance.
New York International Fringe Festival: August 13 – 29
The New York International Fringe Festival is multi-arts festival where you can enjoy shows by over 200 performance companies. The Fringe festival hosts over 1200 performances each year in New York by performers from all over the world. This two-week long event is the largest multi-arts festival in North America.
US Open Tennis: August 30 – September 12 (USTA National Tennis Center)
The United States Open Tennis Championships hosts 5 event championships in its main tournament each year. Hundreds of men and women compete each year in the US Open for prize money during this two-week long event at the end of summer.
Central Park Film Festival: 2010 Schedule TBA
Each year Central Park shows a series of evening films throughout the summer. New York is the theme used to choose which films are presented at the Central Park Film Festival. Enjoying a movie during this festival is a great way to experience all Central Park has to offer.
Harlem Week: July 15 – October 16
This summer, Harlem Week is celebrating its 35th anniversary. This event began in 1974 as Harlem Day and was a celebration of the growing urban community. With more and more to see and celebrate it has now become Harlem Week. A series of events to encourage New Yorkers and visitors to see all that Harlem has to offer. This event now spans the entire summer.
The summer is the perfect time to visit New York City. You can book a fantastic vacation rental with New York Habitat. Visit our website for more information or to fill out an apartment request form. Vacation rentals fill up quickly in the summer, but there is still time to rent a great apartment and enjoy all of the events that New York has to offer from June to September.
The Anioma Cultural Festival has been held and as usual the Organization For the Advancement of Anioma Culture (OFAAC) has wonderfully put smiles on our faces but it is just relatable that as a people we look back and appraise ourselves to determine our performance. This will help us to do better in the future. However, before we go further on this, credit must be given to OFAAC, an organization with substance; an organization that untiringly and intrepidly work round the clock including funding the cultural fiesta to promote and preserve our culture; an organization that has now succeeded in putting our Anioma region in tourist destination.
The Anioma Cultural Festival may be gaining impulsion in some quarters but it is still requires the support of all. The Organization For the Advancement of Anioma Culture, the culture umbrella of the Anioma people was founded in November 2003 by Arc Kester Ifeadi. Its core focus is on preservation, promotion and advancement of the rich cultural heritage of the Anioma people and Nigeria. OFAAC is non-governmental and non-political organization and membership spans across all classes of people in Nigeria and in the Diaspora.
Its major aims and objectives are as follows:
(i) Preservation, promotion and advancement of the appreciation and development of the rich cultural heritage of the Anioma people and Nigeria.
(ii) To promote positive self-esteem and natural identity amongst the youth
(iii) To promote the use of traditional attires
(iv) To encourage traditional crafts for technology, tourism and economic stabilization in rural areas
(v) To carry out researches and documentations of our cultural heritage
(vi) To package and promote the unique culture of Anioma for national/international tourism.
The Organization For the Advancement of Anioma Culture may have achieved more than its social calculations having consistently and successfully put together nine cultural festivals for the region. OFAAC is also on record as an organization that has pulled the highest number of Anioma traditional rulers at a single forum. This record is hard to negate considering that it involves the support of traditional rulers who are the bywords of the people’s culture. OFAAC has also worked hard to achieve this, considering that it is a non-profit and non-political group with no political bait or any money to distribute.
It is purely a social inclined group with the cultural interest of its people standing as chief aims and objectives. It is on this basis that it sets out to preserve and promote some of the already becoming extinct cultures of its people. Dance culture, Dress culture, traditional wrestling and masquerade dance are some of them. OFAAC is doing for its own people what should be done; rightly they have chosen an endeavour and courageously they are on a mission. They are winning the cultural race and the people are rejoicing.
OFAAC’s achievements may not be in vain as it was in 2005 pronounced the finest cultural event in Delta State by the Federal Ministry of Culture and Tourism which of course is a testimony of hard-work as well as consistency in the endorsement of the people’s culture. Again, it won the heart of the Omu of Okpanam and Anioma, HRM, Dr Martha Dunkwu who recently announced the presentation of a parcel of land in Okpanam to OFAAC.
This year’s event of the festival shows that the festival has grown tremendously with a remarkable improvement in standard. This particular one attracted about 98 groups that engaged themselves in a healthy competition and larger witnesses than what it has been in the past which shows astounding improvement in display since the last performance. It may also have received wider publicity from the press whether from print or electronic media and no doubt has enjoined the best talked about cultural festival at the moment.
One remarkable feature of the event was methodical and sequential arrangement made possible by consistency and experience. For one, the participants appear to have acquired mastery of the cultural fiesta so that sequence has been greatly established giving the event tang. Regularity in the organization of the programme has also facilitated participants’ understanding of their roles thus ably preparing themselves towards every coming edition. Every participating group is now a beauty to behold.
We also notice that the events of the Anioma Cultural Festival have become more competitive in a healthy manner. This year’s event has also come in defined classifications; categories that existed in Primary school, Secondary school, Egwu Eshushu, Royal category, Aguba, War, Uloko, Creative, wrestling, Masquerade and Overall winners. Proper classification of competitions has ensured speedy conclusion of the event and also ensured that more winners emerged. In all about 27 total winners emerged at the event which is progressive for the region.
There is no doubt that the cultural fiesta is fast gaining ground internationally becoming the tourists’ destination. Hard-work has simply been the secret of the organizers. All roads now lead to Asaba in anticipation of the Anioma Cultural Festival. MTN Nigeria and Seaman Schnapps, the major sponsors of this year’s event have reiterated their stanchness in standing behind the Anioma people and organizers of the Anioma Cultural Festival, helping the region to showcase its culture to the entire world.
By far, the greatest achievement of this year’s Anioma Day is the participation of Igbanke dance troupe. OFAAC has commendably scored a point by uniting Igbanke with their Anioma kith and kin thus acting as a centre of unanimity. The heroic deed supports the thinking that Igbanke has an ethnic grouping and that its roots can be traced to Ika people of Anioma where the people rightly belong. This has also opened the window for the people to regularly engage in cultural interaction with their kinsmen in future. It was a day that Igbanke was specially celebrated by the rest of their kinsmen. The Igbanke National Progressive Alliance made this a possibility but both the Organization For the Advancement of Anioma Culture (OFAAC) and Igbanke National Progressive Alliance (INPA) share the accolade.
Much as the event is celebrated, there also some bitter lessons to learn from this year Anioma Cultural Festival. That this year’s event attracted about 47 royal fathers from the Anioma region is a testimony of sense of good relationship between many of the traditional rulers, their subjects on one hand and the traditional rulers and the affairs of their region on the other hand. Surely, the traditional rulers appreciate the communal gains in building stronger relationship between the leaders and subjects. However, on the part of politicians of Anioma extraction, it is unfortunate that relationship between Anioma political representatives and those they represent is very dim.
Hon (Engr.) Victor Onyekachi Ochei, Speaker of the Delta State House of Assembly, Former Deputy Governor of Delta State, Chief Benjamin Elue, Evangelist Joan Onyemaechi Mrakpor, Member of the Delta State House of Assembly and Theodora Giwa Amun were present at the occasion but it still remains sad that the people’s political representatives with Anioma mandates did not deem it fit to capitalize on the beautiful day offered by the Anioma Cultural Festival to relate with their own people that largely gave them mandates. One would have thought that a cultural festival is different from a political activity but this particular year’s event has not broken the “opposition” jinx theory that many of the politicians hold.
It was also poignant that many of our royal fathers who were physically present at the occasion discovered that those that had come to them prior to elections for royal blessings did were not at the occasion in solidarity with the people’s cultural heritage which they are all part of. It further lends credence to the people’s general philosophy that they their political representatives are far from them limiting feedbacks that should help to strengthen the affairs of the region and lead to its development. Politics is good but culture is the bedrock of every society Anioma inclusive.
Sadly enough, many of the political representatives of some of its sub-groups were missing thus these sub-groups had no representatives at the cultural festival, which left participants from these sub-groups feeling void. Words here cannot passably describe their feeling but they would have yearned to have their political representatives watch them as an encouragement. Political representatives’ presence will surely make the event complete, a reason we crave their presence.
The event should not be an event for the Anioma people alone and this can only be achieved if Anioma political representatives make moves to identify with their own people through the natural avenue created by OFAAC. If they decide to identify with the program then big political heavyweights from the other ethnic groups particularly in Delta State will give the region the much needed support. Political representatives must never turn their backs at the very people they came begging during political campaigns. Imagine if half of the political heavyweights that Anioma boasts of throw their support behind the Cultural Festival, it will indeed be a force to reckon with.
This is why we implore our political representatives to render support to the cultural fiesta. It may have emerged as a vision of one man but it has today transformed into an encircling cultural conservation and promotion fiesta for the good of the entire sons and daughters of the Anioma region which political ideology must never rock.
There is no region without leaders; one would therefore have longed to see the acclaimed leaders of the region in the roll call of attendees. Getting feedback from the people they lead is as important as their headship. A cultural festival is a very important aspect of a group’s existence and a group can never celebrate its day without its leaders. An event like this needs the support of the region’s leaders to be complete. There was for that reason a huge bolt from the blue that many of those who claim to speak for the region were not on ground to grace the occasion and appreciate those they claim to lead. If an Anioma event of this enormity held in Anioma land does not receive overwhelming attendance from the leaders of the region, will one expect a similar event to attract large turn-out in United States of America.
It has noticeably become customary for newer organizations particularly those whose activities are entrenched online to send delegates to the event while older organizations are never seen. This noxious attitude must change for the good of the region. “Ofu obi bu ike anyi” should guide the diverse people of the region towards stabilizing the already growing voice within the Nigerian polity. This is if ever the region wants to be heard. While fairly emerging groups like Ndi Anioma, Anioma Voice, Umu Anioma, Proudly Asaba, Ndi Oshimili South, Onu Anioma and Igbanke National Progressive Alliance among numerous others sent delegates to the event, delegates from older acclaimed socio-political groups of the region were palpably missing at the event.
Lastly, the annual event appears to have grown with large crowds than the organizers expect, it will therefore be of advantage to the organizers if large screens are placed on the venues of the event to enable closer view by the excited audience.
This piece will be incomplete without heaping praises on the Organization For the Advancement of Anioma Culture that continues to promote and conserve our culture. This year’s event is indeed a testimony that the Anioma Cultural Festival has come to stay and with assistance from all, the Anioma rich cultural heritage will continually be showcased to the whole world. We thank OFAAC for a job well done and implore it to do more for us. Anioma is the indeed the best place to hail from.
Africa is a wonderful destination to visit. It is a vast and ancient continent that stretches from its most northern parts in Egypt, the land of the Pharaohs, all the way to its most southern points in Cape Town South Africa. One of the reasons why guests flock from all over the world is to see the wildlife. Africa is home to abundant and diverse wildlife including the famous Big Five (these are the African lion, the Cape buffalo, the leopard, the black or white rhino and the African elephant). These are the top five most dangerous animals that visitors will encounter in the African bush. This article shall briefly describe two fun activities that guests on an African safari will certainly enjoy.
A game drive is an exciting activity, during which an experienced game ranger and local tracker would share their extensive knowledge and love of the African bush with guests. Each drive lasts about three hours long.
During the morning game drive you will be spoiled with coffee and homemade snacks and in the afternoon your ranger will find a suitable spot where you can enjoy the stunning views, whilst enjoying your sundowner drink. After sundowners your tracker will use the spotlight to find nocturnal animals, before returning to the lodge for dinner. Your ranger will discuss the various game drive regulations before you leave camp.
During the game drive guests will note that the rangers sometimes drive off of the road and into the bush. This is one of the many game drive aspects that enable us to bring you closer to the action! We only allow off-roading in certain areas and with special precautions. The intention is to have a small impact on the environment
Hot air balloon ride
Nothing comes close to the thrill of a hot air balloon ride over the vast Serengeti National park with unparalleled panoramic views of the awe-inspiring landscapes. The hot air balloon ride is a safari that lets you experience game viewing from aloft. Gliding serenely above the trees offers unparalleled panoramic balloon views of the awe-inspiring landscape. Your pilot can precisely control the altitude the hot air balloon: sometimes flying at treetop height, sometimes lower, offering a unique perspective and great photographic opportunities of the wildlife below. After an hour or so it’s touch down to a toast of champagne in a celebratory mood. A hot bush breakfast is in order, followed by issuance of Serengeti Balloon Certificate of participation.
- Prepare a guest list. Invite those people who were particularly close to the deceased. Also invite people who are close to the survivors as they will need the support of friends and family. Ask each family member for a list of guests that they would like to invite. If you would like the party to be open to everyone, include the date, place and time in the obituary.
- Pick a location for the party. If your home is not large enough to accommodate the party, look into renting a church hall or private catering hall. Hold an outdoor party at a park if the deceased particularly enjoyed the outdoors and the weather will be warm.
- Plan an schedule of events for the party. Decide who will speak about the deceased and if you will encourage guests to offer their memories. Include any poems or music that were particularly important to the deceased. Ask your local clergy to speak if the family or deceased desired a religious focus for the party.
- Decide if a formal eulogy will be delivered and who will deliver it. Interview family members and friends for information on the deceased’s early years and achievements. Appoint one person to be the master of ceremonies for the party and keep the formal part of it moving along.
- Make a display containing photographs of the deceased. Ask other family members to help you with this if you are having trouble locating photographs. Use photographs showing the deceased at his best. No one wants to be remembered for that awful haircut or the skintight leather pants that showed a little too much skin.
- Select music for the party. Look for songs that the deceased particularly liked or that you feel are appropriate considering the deceased’s personality and interests. Ask family members and friends for suggestions if you are unsure of the best music choices. Find someone to burn a CD of your choices for you.
- Take into account any wishes of the deceased when you plan the party. If he asked that everyone sing a favorite song, print out the lyrics and have them ready for distribution. If he wanted everyone to take a boat ride on his favorite lake, hold the party at the lake.
- Choose the food and drinks that you will serve. Finger food will be best if you won’t have enough tables and chairs for every guest. Think carefully before serving alcohol, as grief may cause some attendees to overindulge.
With a rich ancient culture, attractive natural beauty and a friendly population, Vietnam is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the world.
While most travelers appreciate the colorful and delicious local cuisine with its special flavors, many like to mention the great cultural wealth of this country.
Travel Vietnam brings a lot of unforgettable experience. Even with a small budget, a join group tour package will still allow you to spend very good time in this country and do a lot of amazing discoveries.
Vietnam provides an affordable destination for all types of visitors. You can enjoy your stay in a small family hostel or a 5 star beach resort if you prefer a special holiday; eat in a budget restaurant as well as a sumptuous one; choose private road transports, that however can be a little tricky if you are not able to clearly negotiate the price in advance, or just sharing the bus with other travelers.
Vietnam shows different aspects of its beauty and the interesting side of the everyday and cultural life as well: Next to noisy cities, full of scooters and street food vendors, you will find vast fields of rice and campaigns, and some more magnificent coastline with tropical beaches, and wild nature. All will help you to understand the culture of this extraordinary country.
Throughout the journey from Hanoi to the beautiful beaches of Nha Trang, from the mountains of Sapa, region that draws tourists in large numbers as it has plenty of scenic beauty as well as the center of cross-cultural influences in the nation, to the complex canals of Mekong delta, you’ll be amazed of the diversity that you not just can observe but absorb too. Visit the temples of Angkor Wat in Siem Riep, feeling the slow pace life in the quiet streets of Luang Prabang, recognized by Unesco as World Heritage.
The highlights of this combination will include the relaxation of the beach paradise of Mui Ne, Hoi An and the ancient atmosphere of Hue, a cruise in the beautiful Halong Bay aboard of a traditional junk, or cultural visit to two of the most colorful cities in South East Asia: Hanoi, a beautiful city where the heritage of a subtle French elegance is touchable, and Ho Chi Minh City (formerly named Saigon), an energetic metropolis of eight millions residents with its charming and fascinating architecture, the capitals of North and South Vietnam respectively. The big cities are packed with street vendors and you should be aware that they sell their merchandise to tourist at a price ten times bigger than to local people.
Even if in a general overview, it is impossible don’t mention the Cu Chi Tunnel, around 70 kilometers from Ho Chi Minh City, an unbelievable network of 121 kilometer (75 miles) of underground tunnels, built and used as shelter by Vietnamese soldiers and people during the war against the Americans. They are situated into the jungle and the trap door when closed was totally camouflaged, and almost undetectable. There you can see everything needed for the everyday life: kitchens, surgery and emergency rooms, dormitories. However, the life was not easy above all because of ants, poisonous insects, scorpions, spiders and vermin. For a tourist it is a little difficult to come and walk in because of the low height of the ceiling and the minimal width of the inside walls, but after a deep breath it is possible to visit it unless you are claustrophobic!
Vietnam’s climate is variable depending of the regions: The tropical southern is warm all year round, with two season – form May to October the hottest – while the mountainous north has a more temperate climate, four seasons with a somewhat of cooler winter. By the way, keep in mind that basically during most months of the year you will experience sunshine and rain in variable amount.
For someone who loves books, come and be a part of the Emirates Airline Festival of Literature, which is considered to be the largest celebration of literature. People of all ages and backgrounds come under one roof to enjoy this amazing festival. It also sees beloved authors from across the globe who come and educate the visitors, take part in debates and above all spread their experiences for their love for reading and writing. Exciting indeed!
Now in it’s seventh year, the Emirates Airline Festival of Literature is massive this year. Around 125 authors from across the world are ready to hit this festival, including David Williams, Channel swimmer turned children’s novelist. He first rose to fame with his sketch comedy called Little Britain, and later went on to write nin children’s books. Two of which has been adapted into a TV show – Mr. Stink and Gangsta Granny. His other books Ratburger and Demon Dentist have won the National Book Awards Children’s Book of the Year. Along with him, a number of authors whose books have been adapted into feature films will be present at the event. David Nicholls, who penned the tearjerker bestselling novel One Day, which was turned into a film will be sharing his views on his book. Other authors such as Micharl Morpurgo, Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie whose award-winning novel Americanah is being made into a film starring Oscar-winning actress Lupita Nyong’o and Bradd Pitt. Another highly-anticipated author Alexander McCall Smith will be making an appearance at the festival, talking about his series of books No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency, which has sold over 20 million copies worldwide. Local authors like Massachusetts-born, Dubai-based fiction writer Liz Fenwick, and sci-fi novelist Noura Al Noman will also be making their presence felt in this event. Without a doubt, the line-up of this celebrated event is something all book lovers are waiting with bated breath.
The Emirates Airline Festival of Literature 2015 is a great platform, creating opportunities for UAE nationals, residents and visitors, along with local authors to meet and interact with world-renowned authors loved by all. Listening to their literary debates, readings, experiences and also participating in the workshops will only help and educate one and all present at the venue. There will be many activties in this 5-day festival, including writing competitions and inter-school quiz show, which will be amongst the educational highlights of this festival. The young aspiring students will also get an opportunity to hear and meet some of their favourite authors. There will be simultaneous translation between Arabic and English, making this literature festival vistor-friendly.
This festival of written and spoken word is expecting more than 30,000 visitors this year, and the majority of the events will take place in English, Arabic and French as well. The event is designed for everyone to experience and enjoy on the whole, with something to suit every taste. Come, be a part of Emirates Airline Festival of Literature, and celebrate the love for reading and writing to the fullest.
British arts have always played an important role for the cultural identity, in all the countries of the United Kingdom. Theatre, especially, represents a representative element from the medieval ages, when actors would travel from town to town and perform street plays for any audience who would give them some money and a lot of hospitality. Later on, this art has developed and specialized institutions were build, where professionals of the field could go on with their work. Theatre Edinburgh has become an official activity during the World War II, when in 1947 the Edinburgh Festival Fringe was organized for the first time. The event has become so popular, that in 2014 during 25 days there were more than 3,190 Edinburgh theatre shows, from over 50 countries, using 299 locations. Even if it began as an alternative to the Edinburgh International Festival and other events which could no longer take place in Europe because of the war, the festival has become an international tradition as far as arts are concerned, regardless which form: children shows, dance, theatre and circus, music, exhibitions and even cabaret.
During its first years of existence, The Fringe, as it is also known worldwide, did not benefits from an official organization, until 1951, when a group of determined students from the University of Edinburgh got involved and began to take care of various aspects, such as obtaining accommodation and food for the participants. Four years later, in 1955, they have already managed to develop a central booking service for all those who came to perform at The Fringe. Due to the increasing popularity of the event, the Festival Fringe Society was founded in 1959: they have elaborated a constitution and a festival guide, in which the main policy was not vetting or accepting censored Edinburgh theatre shows. Originally, the creators of the event (John Calder, Jim Haynes and Richard Demarco) aimed to maintain the atmosphere of the festival during the whole year, but since there were many entities involved in its organizations, the exclusivist plays have begun to be distributed by the Traverse Theatre to audience from all over the globe, both during Edinburgh International Festival and the Fringe. Since the Fringe become a huge international celebration, volunteering students could not deal with the planning and organization anymore, so in 1970 the Society has its first administrator employed, John Milligan.
Nowadays, the event has become so important for the artistic life all over the world, that each year during three weeks in August, all the arts performers in Scotland and not only, gather in Edinburgh to enjoy art with all its forms. Each year, the Festival Director invites and strives to bring to : theatre Edinburgh the most popular and famous international performers, while also organizing talks, exhibitions and workshops. It seems that the initial idea of the Festival, according to which people should have been offered a platform where they would develop and let the human spirit bloom, has managed to take a concrete shape. Launched during the World War II, The Fringe still enriches annually the cultural life of Scotland, Britain and Europe.
- Team up with an experienced party planner to gain experience and learn the trade before you start your own business. Alternatively, you can offer your services for free a few times, so you can get experience and build a portfolio. Enlist family and friends if you’re not confident and then request feedback from them.
- Decide how you will charge for your services. Most party planners work by the hour or request a flat fee (which can go up into the thousands). Others charge 5 to 10 percent of the party budget.
- Build a portfolio. Take photographs of the events you coordinate and request testimonials from satisfied clients.
- Understand food and beverage. As a party planner, you should be able to do everything from putting together a martini bar to planning a menu for a tropical-themed party. You will also need to develop good working relationships with catering companies, vendors and suppliers.
- Know all about entertainment choices. From karaoke equipment and magicians to disc jockeys and live bands, you should be able to scout out all types of entertainers. Depending on the type of event, you may have to organize tournaments or contests, games and even auctions. Preparing party favors and gift bags may also be part of the job.
- Create your own serving platters rather than buying or renting them from party supply houses: Cover large pizza pans in aluminum foil and, for a color effect, cover the foil with tinted plastic wrap. Secure these wraps on the bottom of the platter with masking tape. You probably already have a few pizza pans in your kitchen, but if you need more, borrow from friends. You could otherwise make platters from large cardboard cake rounds, covering them the same as above.
- Buy your party foods from a bulk warehouse. Bulk prices are lower than those in grocery stores. If a bulk warehouse is not nearby, shop at a large discount store with grocery and deli departments. Always compare these discounted prices to grocery stores for each item. Neighborhood grocery stores sometimes run specials that can take the price of an item down below that of bulk warehouses. If you frequent such a corner market and have a relationship with its proprietors, you might let them know you’re hoping to set a record for cost cutting and see what develops.
- Use fruits and vegetables that are in season whenever possible. In-season prices are lower due to their availability. Oranges and other citrus fruits, carrots and cauliflower are in season during the winter; tomatoes, zucchini, cherries and corn are good summer choices. Consider visiting the farmer’s market a day or two before your event, and clean, cut and prepare all your fruits and veggies yourself — it’ll save money and keep the food crisp.
- Add a couple of cheese choices to a fruit platter, along with an assortment of crackers. Cheese is expensive, but if smaller portions are offered alongside other foods on the same platter, the small amount will not be as noticeable — unless your guests eat it all up early. Buy your cheese in blocks or wheels and cut them yourself. You’ll save big money and you’ll get a workout.
- Make your own homemade chicken salad, tuna salad and pimiento cheese sandwiches to keep costs down. Alongside or instead of finger sandwiches, you can serve these fillings as trendy crostini by spooning them atop baguette rounds that have been brushed with olive oil and toasted.
- Go retro with inexpensive party foods from the past. Fill your platters with rumaki, pigs in blankets, deviled eggs and Swedish meatballs. Find these recipes and more online. Serve like foods on platters together, or consider mixing trays smorgasbord-style if you’ll have servers carrying them.
- Get an invitation to the home of the family that has moved into the new home. Make sure it allows you enough time for the preparations you will have to make for the surprise party.
- Send out invitations. Include all the details on the card. You need people to meet at your home and take the whole crew at the same time to the family. You don’t want anyone showing up at the people’s home without you because this would blow the whole surprise.
- Shop for food and anything else you will need for the party. You want to have everything that is needed for a party since the family will not be expecting so many guests.
- Put out a sign at your home for any late comers. You want to wait a reasonable amount of time for your guests, but you can’t afford to be late for dinner or whatever the family has invited you for.
- Lead the caravan to the home where the party is going to be, however don’t let everyone park in front of the home. Wait until they get into position–out of sight but close enough to yell surprise when the time is right–and ring the doorbell.
- Let the new home owners open the door and try to lure them outside–then yell, “Surprise,” and have your camera ready. This is the trickiest part because you want to make sure you have everyone together at the right time.
Read more : http://www.ehow.com/how_2085573_throw-surprise-housewarming-party.html
- Set the time and date. Open house parties are great for the afternoons, and they can run between two and five hours, depending on how many people you are expecting.
- Decide on the scope of your party. How many people do you see showing up? Remember that while they are not going to all be there at once, they are still going to want a chance to enjoy some refreshments and to socialize. Think about what your space will bear and and how many people you want to show up.
- Think about the venue. Where do you want to hold your open house party? If it is warm, holding an open house party in the backyard can be a great way to enjoy the good weather and to make sure that you have enough space. A limited space like a small store or a small living room might necessitate a smaller pool of guests.
- Plan for parking. If you are hosting your party in a downtown venue without a parking lot or even in a crowded urban neighborhood, think about giving your guests instructions on parking and where it can be found. If you are going to be taking up space in a lot or on the road, a notice letting your neighbors know is considered polite. Depending on the scope of your party, it might be necessary to rent parking space in a lot or to arrange for valet parking.
- Consider how to do invitations. When you are planning an open house party for a small event like a graduation or a farewell party, you simply send out paper invitations to the people who are interested in coming over. Sending out an open invitation over the social network of your choice can also be a good way to get people interested, but you do risk losing control over who shows up. If you are planning to do an open house party for a business, flyers and advertisements can help get the community interested.
- Decide on refreshments. The people who are going to be showing up are going to be expecting some form of refreshment, so think about what you want to provide. Finger foods are going to be ideal for something as casual as an open house party, and they can easily be prepared in your own kitchen. Slices of sheet cake, small sandwiches, a cheese tray and a fruit dish are all great choices. Do not forget to think about drinks as well. Cans of soda and bottles of water can be bought by the case for this occasion.
- Staff your party. Even if it is just you and a few friends holding the party, decide who is going to be in charge of things like keeping the food and drink on the table. This will help you avoid issues later on. Staff can also include hiring security, especially if you are looking at a larger open house party. If you are planning to have community members show up, their safety and yours is important, so consider consulting a professional security service and seeing what they recommend.
- Plan your decorations. When you are holding an open house party, you are often celebrating something. If you are celebrating a graduation or an anniversary, pictures of the guests of honor set on a board or on the walls is a great idea, and if you are throwing a holiday party, look for decorations that pertain to the season. Remember that a festive environment can keep your party going
Every woman has experienced a day when she looks at her closet and feels like she has nothing to wear. If this sounds like you, a clothes-swapping party is a great opportunity to clean out the back of your closet, try a new look and refresh your wardrobe, all while spending an evening with friends. Planning a clothes swap is simple; you can organize it on a small budget with little lead time.
- Put a flyer in neighbors’ mailboxes inviting them to meet to discuss a block party. At the meeting, discuss possible dates and who will do what. See 373 Plan an Organizational Meeting.
- Distribute sign-up sheets for tables, chairs, glasses, plates, napkins, utensils, barbecue grills, side dishes and other party essentials. Have plenty of trash cans and bins for recycling bottles and cans. Rent a portable toilet if necessary.
- Plan the food and drinks. Call it international night and have each family make a dish that is unique to its heritage. Or have everyone bring their own food to grill. This is a surprisingly effective way to get strangers to mingle easily–they feel less awkward with something to do. Have everyone prepare his or her favorite cocktails and munchies for a happy hour. Don’t forget nonalcoholic punches for those who don’t drink alcohol and for kids.
- Dress up the block with colorful decorations. Buy lots of balloons and have everyone tie them to trees and fences on their property. You might consider a block theme color and decorate accordingly. Ask each family to make a family banner to display on its front lawn. Hang pin~atas for the kids. Tiki torches and lots of twinkling lights are festive when the sun sets.
- Organize entertainment. Bring in pony rides or a mobile petting zoo or rent an inflatable jumping structure for the kids. Ask the neighborhood fire station to send an engine by if it’s available. Plan party games for kids and adults alike, such as a water balloon toss and an egg race.
- Rock the street with music everyone will enjoy. Hook up a CD player outside or splurge on live music (see 335 Hire a Band).
- Contact town officials to see about getting the road barricaded if it’s a large enough group. You’ll need to supply a map of the area where you’ll be holding the event, including cross streets for barricades.
- Send invitations to everyone on the block. Get the kids involved and have them stuff the invites in everyone’s mailbox (check first to see if this is legal in your area).
- Report the Missing Person to Law Enforcement First
Before you form a search party, you should immediately report the missing person to law enforcement. Even if you suspect the missing person has run away, or may be hiding, there’s a chance that they may have actually been abducted, and you don’t want to be on the losing end of that bet. Remember, in many jurisdictions, you must wait at least 24 hours before you can report a missing adult, although this trend is continuing to change and may not be required in your area; children have no waiting period, and can be reported to police as soon as you realize the child is missing or has been abducted.
With law enforcement on your side, you can include the local police department in your search. You will have the added benefit of the police organizing and controlling the search, which can have a huge impact on the search party’s effectiveness. Listen to the guidance law enforcement offers; remember, they are experts, and have likely dealt with missing persons before, so they will know the best way to initiate the search.
- Rally Your Neighbors and Members of Your Community
Once you have informed law enforcement, start knocking on your neighbors’ doors. Ask everyone who answers to help participate in the search party, and have them contact their friends and relatives to help, as well. If you can reach just five neighbors, and they reach five friends or family members, imagine how large your search party will become if that chain of contact continues. Accept any help from any person who offers.
Also ask your neighbors and others who live close to your home to search their houses and properties thoroughly. There’s a chance that the missing person may be in the area, especially if the search was started soon after they disappeared. Even if you have no reason to believe they entered someone else’s home or property, they could have hid there for protection, or they could have been brought there against their will. Encourage your neighbors to search areas like under furniture, in the basement, in crawl spaces, attics, and in the back yard – especially if their properties are heavily wooded.
Tip: Although you will find that many children will be eager to participate in the search – especially if it is their friend or schoolmate who has gone missing – should keep children and younger teenagers at home. Children can become injured or lost while searching areas that are wooded or that are in highly-trafficked areas; further, if a child is believed to have been abducted, allowing a large group of children to roam the area where the child was snatched can lead to another child being abducted, as well. For children that ask to participate in the search, encourage them to search their homes and bedrooms from top to bottom, emphasizing the importance of this task and making a point to praise them for their help in the search.
- Collect and Distribute Any Supplies You Can Find
Your search party will benefit greatly with the use of tools like flashlights, walkie talkies, maps, crow bars and other blunt objects (for prying back doors, flipping rocks, etc) and other items that can be used in the search. When gathering people to participate in your search party, ask them to bring along any of these items that they may have, and offer any extra supplies they have to other members of the search party. Flashlights would be the most important tool to have, especially if you are searching during nighttime hours or in areas that are heavily covered by trees. Walkie talkies can help your search party communicate any information they find, keep search party members safe by keeping in constant contact, and increase the overall effectiveness of your search.
Other items you may want to collect include bottles of water, snacks, and food for search party members to fuel their efforts, sweaters and blankets to keep search party members warm as evening approaches, and chairs and tables where volunteers can take breaks when needed.
- Set Up a Center Contact Point
Have a few volunteers stay behind so they can help organize and command the search party’s efforts. These volunteers can be in charge of collecting and handing out any supplies that the search party needs, helping search party members rest and recover from searching, passing along information that may be important to the search, and keeping track of everyone involved in the search effort.
One of the most helpful things these volunteers can do is keep a sign-in sheet, which doesn’t need to be prepared prior to account for those who are searching, which could waste precious time you don’t have. Grab a pad of paper or spiral notebook – or better yet, a 3-ring binder with lined, looseleaf paper – and label a blank sheet with the date. Have every single search party member write their name down before they head out to begin searching, along with the time that they left. As search party members return, have them sign out by writing the time they stopped searching next to their sign-in time. This will help you keep track of all of your search party members, so you can be sure that no one is accidentally left behind. You can also have the volunteers at the center point do regular checks to ensure that search party members are not out for too long, and call them back in when they need to take a break or eat something, so that they don’t overwork or exhaust themselves while searching.
- Band Together to Start Your Search
When your search party is formed and ready to begin, have everyone stand in a straight line, side by side, as far as you can stretch across. Then, have everyone link arms, and begin walking forward, together, as a group. Keep your arms linked together for as long as you can manage; not only will this help you cover the area thoroughly, it will also prevent you from losing a member of your search party while searching deep or wooded areas.
Once you have covered the immediately surrounding areas, have the search party break into to groups. Send the first group back to cover the areas that you just searched, to give those spots a second look – something that seemed unimportant the first time may be discovered by a fresh set of eyes the next time. The second group should begin to cover a wider area, beyond that of the initial search range. This group may want to use vehicles to cover more ground in a shorter period of time. If you have supplies like walkie talkies at your disposal, hand them out to members of both groups so they can continue to keep in touch as they continue their efforts.
- Take Regular Breaks and Schedule Shifts
Encourage every member of your search party to take regular breaks. Even though some members will want to spend every possible moment they can out looking, it’s important to remind every search party participant that they need to take care of their own heath and well-being not only for safety reasons, but so they can do the best job possible while searching. An overtired, hungry, or physically exhausted search volunteer is liable to miss what could be an important clue. They could also endanger themselves or other volunteers if they are too tired to continue searching, or find themselves alone and unable to get back or call for help. Providing food, water, and materials for resting – like chairs, fold-out beds or sleeping bags, and pillows and blankets – can help search party members take care of their needs while still actively participating in search and rescue efforts.
If you can, have your center point volunteers work out a tentative schedule, and ask search party members to choose time slots where they can spend time searching, so that there is a new group of searchers going in as others come out to take a break, go home, or head to work. This will help to not only keep the most able-minded and bodied searchers out looking, but help searchers focus on taking care of themselves in a time where they are apt to ignore their needs and wear themselves out by continuing to search when they shouldn’t be.
- Continue to Search for as Long as Necessary
Search party efforts often end earlier than most people would like, either due to a lack of leads, or a lack of willingness on the part of law enforcement to continue. If you have reason to believe that the missing person or child may be out lost somewhere – especially in particularly hot or cold conditions, in mountainous or woody areas, or in areas where there is a potentially danger source of water – then you do not need to give up your search efforts simply because law enforcement is throwing in the towel. You can certainly continue your searching for as long as you believe is necessary, and as long as you have willing participants.
Companies such as Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment, AVIVA Canada, Toronto Board of Trade, Marriott Hotels, Toronto International Film Festival, Delta Hotels, Fairmont Hotels and Four Seasons Hotels & Resorts are all well-known and respected entities. Less known are the Event Management college program grads who play an important behind-the-scenes role in the application of project management to create and develop festivals, events and conferences.
These professionals have a range of responsibilities, among which are: developing and implementing financial initiatives based on event objectives through methods such as sponsorship programs and fundraising initiatives; planning, designing and coordinating effective site and facility operations; applying the principles of marketing to festivals, events and conferences; applying strategies for effective human resource management; creating, planning and implementing effective programming for events; applying accounting and financial knowledge and skills to the operation of events; apply business administration skills to the operation of events; and applying the principles of professionalism and ethics to event management.
For those with a previous college education, the speediest route into the industry is via Centennial College’s event management college program known as Event Management – Festival and Conference. Focusing on core topics that students need to gain entry into the workforce, this offering is completed in only two semesters and results in an Ontario College Graduate Certificate. It consists of a combination of theoretical lectures and hands-on experiences that allow students to become comfortable with areas such as festivals, events and conferences eco-friendly festivals; event budgeting, site logistics and operations management, risk and security management, communications and media planning, networking and industry relations and more.
Among the hands-on experiences that students of this Event Management college program obtain is a last semester Festival, Event and Conference Production Practicum. During this aspect, students get an idea of how this rapidly expanding segment of the hospitality and tourism industry brings together many older and more traditional sectors such as catering, equipment rentals and party supply sales in a new field of endeavour. Students gain practical experience in the coordination of a festival, event or conference from preparing the needs analysis to the execution and evaluation of the final production. In addition to these Event Management college program advantages is the fact that to further supplement class lessons, students have access to an on-campus conference centre that comprises of meeting rooms, including two large ballrooms and a variety of mid-sized meeting or breakout rooms, which come complete with high-speed Internet access, in-house audio/visual equipment and multimedia capabilities.
Those interested in this Event Management college program must complete an application process that includes submission of an official transcript with proof of successful completion of a post-secondary diploma or degree program. Centennial College’s Event Management program will also consider applicants presenting a combination of partial post-secondary education and relevant work experience, open to all disciplines. Non-academic perquisites include proof of transcript and a resume review.
The Grand Oasis Cancun will be dressing up in the coming new year as they introduce the “Oasis Dance U Festival”, an entertainment event specifically organised to start the year 2012 with a new hotel concept in this wonderful tourist destination. For the delight of guests lucky enough to be spending Cancun holidays at the resort from 28th March to 31st March, 2012, the spectacular Oasis Dance U Festival staged at the iconic Grand Oasis Cancun; will bring together a series of acts and parties from the best artists in electronic music, hip hop and dance of our time.
The top DJs in the world and the most famous parties from the most renowned discos on the planet: Space, Privilege and Amnesia from Ibiza, CIELO from New York, and “Something for your Mind” from Los Angeles will all be present in Cancun during the Oasis Dance U festival to offer party-goers enjoying Cancun holidays with the celebration of the year! From house music icon, David Morales, to the 5 Grammy Award winner Kelly Rowland, the number one Billboard Hot 100 Wiz Khalifa to Pitbull, one of the most sought after rappers in the world, the Oasis group will be really mixing it up in February and March 2012.
Image by: jeff91764, on Flickr.
The Grand Oasis Cancun will bring to its new front line stage a mix of musical genres including techno, hip hop, house and rap, performed by internationally recognised music icons who will make this event a legend, and where diversity will cover all tastes in a unique party space comprising over half a mile of beach with two new amazing beach clubs.
Image by: monky.cl, on Flickr.
The hotel company Oasis Hotels & Resorts is reinventing itself once again in the Cancun hotel industry to create a unique entertainment product for where the Caribbean experience becomes a whole new world of sensations and enjoyment, both day and night. Die-hard party-goers and music lovers will certainly have “a hell of a time” during this special festival and with this incentive the hotel group expects to attracts hundreds of music-loving travellers.
In addition to all this, Oasis Hotels & Resorts are currently the host of the Cancun’s International Jazz Festival.
Image by: eggneckface33, on Flickr.
The Grand Oasis Cancun hotel stands as the “resort of entertainment per excellence”, offering the best of the Caribbean with its splendid stretch of pristine Cancun beach expanding over 800 metres and its 94.000-square-metre gardens, a wonderful swimming-pool, two beach clubs and a great stage to be able to enjoy the best party atmosphere all-day(and night)-round.
Aside from its accessible location from Manila and charming beach accommodations, Batangas is a recommended go-to place when it comes to cultural revelry. Here, travelers can not only take pleasure on the enchanting coastlines in the town of San Juan or the breathtaking marine life of Nasugbu, but also have the chance to immerse oneself on the rich traditions of the region. So if you want to further explore the cultural side of Batangas, here are some recommended events that can get you started:
1) Parada ng Lechon in Balayan
Parada ng Lechon (Parade of Roasted Pigs) is done to commemorate John the Baptist. On this festival, town folks of Balayan show their gratitude to their patron saint by roasting their best pig then parading them on the street in flamboyant clothing. And since it’s the feast day of John the Baptist, the locals will, as with custom, randomly splash water on you, so if you’re planning to be in Batangas on the 24th of June, it’s wise to pack extra clothes. But don’t worry; after you get wet, you would have gained the right to feast on those delicious parading lechon.
2) Kabakahan Festival in Padre Garcia
Highlighted by the Rodeo ala Garciano, the Kabakahan Festival is truly a satisfying event for tourists who want to witness real action in cattle herding. Other activities that you can expect from the festival are air-gun shooting competition, song-and-dance contest, street party, and pet dress-up competition. The festival is yearly celebrated on the founding anniversary date of Padre Garcia, the town known as the Philippine’s cattle-trading capital.
3) Lambayok Festival
This event, held every second week of December, has always been a triple treat for the locals of San Juan. As a matter of fact, the festival name stands for the 3 growing industries of the town, namely lambanog (coconut wine), lambat (fish net), and palayok (clay pot). Aside from showing gratitude to the heavens for another bountiful year, the festival also aims to showcase the creativity, ingenuity, and hard work of its citizens.
Matabungkay Beach is not just preferred for its lovely Batangas resorts; it’s also visited by many tourists particularly during the month of May for the annual Balsahan Festival. The event, started just last May 18, 2002, was spearheaded by Matabungkay Beach Resort to help bring the town back on the tourism map. Now, more than just an attraction for tourists, the event also aims to encourage the creative and innovative spirit of numerous Batangueños in Lian to design and build their own balsa (bamboo beach raft). To make sure you get the best spot during the Balsahan Festival, check out the accommodation promos at Matabungkay Beach Resort, www.matabungkay.net/promos.php.
5) Tinapayan Festival
Cuenca in Batangas is known for its tasty tinapay (breads) and skillful panadero (bakers). So to highlight the best assets of the town, its local government decided to organize the “Tinapayan Festival” along with the feast day of its patron saint, San Isidro Labrador. The celebration lavishly showcases the baking talents of the Cuencano bakers via large-scale structures made of bread. Townspeople can also participate in the festival by using bread as house ornaments. If you want to experience the magic of the Tinapayan Festival, be sure to secure a Batangas accommodation in Cuenca around June.
This year’s Dubai Shopping Festival has attracted thousands of tourists to the city and it’s not just the shops and malls that are enjoying the increase in business; hotels and tourist attractions are also enjoying the tourism surge.
Many travellers from the UK, China, India and the GCC book their Dubai holidays in January especially for the event so they can take advantage of special discounts, entertainment and tax-free purchases. Dubai hotels located next to the shopping malls are benefitting from shopaholic guests who are keen to grab a bargain during the month-long event.
A spokesperson for Kempinski Hotel, Mall of the Emirates, said that the festival is a key period for them as shoppers enjoy luxury holidays in the city.
“We have seen an increase in bookings from the GCC during the DSF period for leisure visits to Dubai,” he noted.
“We expect that most of these guests have come to experience the shopping festival.”
Image by: jack n’d box, on Flickr
This year’s festival with the slogan ‘One Family, One World, One Festival’ is the 17th edition and visitors can enjoy a wealth of entertainment including musical shows, international fashion shows, street performances, themed carnivals, nightly fireworks, artists’ performances, film festivals, and cultural events that reflect Dubai’s charm and hospitality.
“The Dubai Shopping Festival plays a major role in supporting the economy of Dubai and boosting it in various sectors,” explained Suhail.
Image by: zeddy1200, on Flickr
Approximately 6,000 shops and 50 shopping malls are taking part in the 2012 event and retailers are offering up to 75 per cent discounts on a variety of products including clothes, perfumes, jewellery, major brands, watches, electronics, carpets and crafts, enabling tourists to take home a choice of souvenirs from their holiday in Dubai.
Image by: Chu❤, on Flickr
As well as receiving significant discounts at shops and malls, visitors enjoying Dubai holidays during this festive shopping month will also have the chance to win some fantastic prizes throughout the duration of the festival. Prizes include as a LX570 car and Dh.100, 000 in cash in the Lexus Mega Raffle and the chance to win 21kilos of gold worth Dh.4.5mn through raffle draws with The Dubai Gold and Jewellery Group.
The Dubai Shopping Festival runs from 5th January to 5th February, 2012 and is widely celebrated in thousands of venues across the city.
1) People’s Party Themes Kids – Elmo and farm animals and Caddaby Abe, one is a fun, lady bug
2) bubble machine instead of live entertainment – young children love bubbles.
3) to keep short. 11 / 2 hours is the max for the party kids at this age.
4) If only there were children in the party then they can not play, but the party of adults could be a few party games for adults. You will have everyone laughing.
5) The course will take a lot of pictures of Holiday birthday boy / girl and guests, but do not forget to take pictures of decorations and cake. It’s a good idea to take pictures of both before the party starts. You want evidence that the hard work!
2 gala birthday
1) People’s Party Themes Kids – Yo Gabba Gabba, I dedicate the party, Little Einstein, the circus, Unicorn
2 Music) – Children love music at this age. Toddler play popular music that they would not recognize (Hot Dog, Hot Diggity Dog from Mickey Mouse Club, and theme music for the Little Einstein, Sesame Street song) and watch the children dance!
3) to keep short. 2 hours is the max.
4) Plan the party around your child’s mood. If your child is a little shy and then invite a few relatives and keep it simple. If your child is a party animal and loves the attention and then invite friends and family.
5) run simple games like Simon Says, a ring around the Rosie duck and goose, duck.
3 Holiday Birthdays
1) People’s Party Themes Kids – Hot Wheels cars – the movie, Backyardigans, Go Diego, Dora the Explorer
2) to get your child involved. Let him choose a topic or help make the invitations. At this age children love to be helpful.
3) Get the timing right – a party in the afternoon until the middle is fine. In the afternoon and usually are obtained Tutes cranky.
4) Entertainment – In this age you can think of in the live entertainment. Some good options and a puppet show, magician, balloon modeling or face painter.
5) gala birthday party last great idea is to dress up! Children love to dress up at this age. Save space with some old clothes and can play a Tutes they love this activity.
5 Holiday Birthdays
1) People’s Party Children – Themes Buzz Light year, The Wizard of Oz, Party Crafts, Party Pirate, Scooby-Doo
2) Since your child is in school and now you can plan a ceremony at the school, as well as a party in the house.
3) in relation to a school to bring cakes (Note that some schools only allow items bought food store). Going through a small bag good for each child containing candy and small game.
4) for the house party and kids make the jewelry of pasta. You have children paint the pasta (any pasta with a hole in it will work). When the dry spinning can be the subject through the pasta and the wearing of the veil!
5) Make sure you get your child’s input when it comes to planning the party. In this age will be happy to see your ideas incorporated in the party.
Holiday Birthdays 6
1) People’s Party Themes Kids – Gymnastics, Karate, and the party cheering, NASCAR, Mission Space Party
2) In this age may want to look at every boy or girl each child. After the age of 5 girls usually want to do different activities than boys. It is not necessary to be a party to gender specific, but it can make planning a little easier.
3) At this age you can consider having a party of children the destination. Kids love fun parties in languages ??such as indoors, studio gymnastics, karate, or at the studio take.
4) If you’re having a party of children in the home and the weather permits consideration of the party, such as renting a house or bounce the ball pit. For children at this age spend hours bouncing or playing ball in the hole.
5) party games and of course we must try to search for treasure, and hot potato, musical chairs, or the relay. Check out these games as well as:
Birthday gala 7
1) People’s Party Themes Kids Party – sleep, Batman, Superman, Spiderman, tea party
2) gala ceremony marked the birth of 7 seemed a milestone in the maturity of the children, and can no longer be viewed as infants. So, if you’re going to be a big celebration and this gala is to do so. Before 7 they are too young to really appreciate it, but this year it will be.
3) examine the presence of the party girls sleep. Provide activities such as cosmetics, and do their nails or playing Barbie. Allow them to eat junk food and watching a movie pre-teen.
4) for the children to consider having a party in an extraordinary way. And guests, clothing and their favorite superhero and the provision of existing activities on the Spiderman, Batman, Superman, etc..
5) Party Rentals always like to hit the bounce house, ball pit, and the rental of pony or mini put put course.
Holiday 8 Birthdays
1) People’s Party Themes Kids – bowling, Barbie, football, baseball, basketball, skate
2) This is the age the only one who can plan a figure eight party! Make the number eight cake – Take a Tour 2 cakes, cut the center to the use of glass (frozen cakes work best). Cakes put 2 together to form a figure eight. And the party in the rink where children can practice skating figure eight.
3) the destination party is a good idea at this age also. Consider an American girl, and Dave and Busters or bowling.
4) concert art. Provide all kinds of crafts for children to do this can be as simple as mud or building with Legos] or painting pictures of jewelry making and model building. Have different activities so the kids can move around. Make sure you get help with supervision, it can get hectic.
5) Remember to be enthusiastic with each activity and play a lot of music. And enthusiasm to get kids excited about any activity, and music always gets them going!
9 Holiday Birthdays
1) People’s Party Themes Kids – Star Wars, Glamour Girls, Loa in Hawaii, Harry Potter, Transformers
2) If you have a cowboy in the bud or wife try to round the horse until the party. Provide the children with bandanas or cowboy hats when they arrive, serve Western food like BBQ chicken or meat, Western-style. The pony ride in your home or, if possible, take children to the stable.
3) Here are some unique ideas to entertain live – Cartoonist, Karaoke, water slide, and hip-hop or country singer, characters, clothing, kids comedian, impersonator (such as fake Hannah Montana), the artist temporary tattoos (ask parents first), ventriloquist, Airbrush T-shirt artist and live animals.
4) I dedicate decorating is fun activity for children. Make cakes cooked in advance with the fixin such as frost (a couple of different flavors), sprinkles, jelly and writing. Allow children to decorate cakes and then get to eat their creations!
5) Girls love to play grown up in this age even have a tea party for girls. Either search for a language to have time to do so or tea in your home. I say to the girls in the invitation to dress up and then make a tea and finger sandwiches with the crust cut off. Discussion of the rite to drink tea, like putting behind your pinky up!
10 Holiday Birthdays
1) People’s Party Themes Kids – Montana Hanan, Twighligt, Wizards of Waverly Place, American Idol, Jonas
2) This is the ideal age to celebrate the birth of your child at an amusement park. Invite a few friends. Kids will be old enough or tall enough to get many of the rides. Most of the children may have seen an amusement park so far and know what to expect.
3) Chocolate party plan. What child does not love chocolate? Party Chocolate simple plan because everything is like chocolate cake Holiday Birth chocolate, chocolate, favors, chocolate, chocolate fondue fountain, or even chocolate.
4) a great place to get the girls prefer at this age is Claires or any similar accessory shop. You can pick up tons of inexpensive accessories such as barrettes, clips and jewelry.
5) Plan girly party for your daughter. That any party girly entail manicures and pedicures with snacks and fun girly movie like The Princess Diaries. Have a Barbie or two games to play and your daughter will love it!
The 1969 Woodstock Festival in upstate New York was an event that changed the world. It was the first time that so many people gathered together to listen to music in an outdoor setting. It was historic because of the sheer volume of people (estimates are 450,000) who attended and because of the performers who took the stage. Instead of just being a concert, it became an event. The cultural significance of Woodstock cannot be overlooked.
Hippies and flower power were all the rage at that time. The youth was disenfranchised by the system and Vietnam War protests were taking place every day. Though the concert was not a war protest, the event itself became a protest. There were political figures such as Abby Hoffman there to talk about the war and why he was against it. There were politically inspired songs which captured the flavor of the crowds.
Max Yasgur came forward and offered his farm as the new site for the concert. The organizers had no choice but to accept his offer and so the concert venue had changed to a pig farm. There was no way that anyone could have known the appeal this concert would have on the youth. So many people showed up that the New York State Thruway became a parking lot. Concert goers abandoned their vehicles and began walking to the concert.
There were big names at the concert such as The Who, Jimi Hendrix, Joan Baez, Grateful Dead and Janis Joplin. There were so many acts that they had to construct multiple stages to accommodate all the performers who wanted to partake in this once in a lifetime event.
Woodstock has become synonymous with counter-culture, drug use and hippies but ask those in attendance and they will tell you that it was so much more than that. It was a movement of a counterculture who were more in tune with worldly events then at any other time. It was message of peace, harmony and love in a world that was in such a mess. In many ways that message has now been lost forever by a new world of crime, greed, corruption and burglaries… but we can still have the memories and dream of Woodstock.
Tigers by Tribals has taken a very interesting initiative, the Baghesur Festival, to celebrate the lives of the Indian tribes. The goal towards organising such an event is to take another step towards saving our jungles and thus, the tigers. Tiger, although beloved among animal lovers, is now an endangered species. While the world is concentrating more than just its energy to save this wonderful species, the situation is still not improving. A few right steps can lead to the survival of the species, and thus Tigers by Tribals believe that they can be saved by the tribals of India, especially the people of the Baiga tribe who worship the tiger. This tribe is the most dominant tribe that is spread across major jungles of the country, mainly in Madhya Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, and Jharkhand. The name of the festival originates from the fact that this tribe call the animal, Baghesur.
The Indian Tribal Baghesur Festival is celebrated in Bandhavgarh, the most densely populated tiger reserve, known to have more than 50 Royal Bengal Tigers. It aims at empowering the tribals who were forced to leave the forests and were left workless. These people have a brilliant knowledge of arts and crafts that is excellent in its own way. If we help them retain their traditions and culture, and make them aware about wildlife conservation, they can help us save the habitat of the animal, and also assist in stopping activities like poaching. Poaching is one of the main activities which contribute to decrease in tiger population, besides deforestation. These two problems can be solved by the Baiga tribe as the forest is their home and tiger, their God.
One of the best Tribal Festivals of India, the Baghesur Art Fest, will be celebrated this year as a four day event from 28th November 2015 to 1st December 2015. The event is very interesting for tourists who come to Bandhavgarh for wildlife trips and to get a chance to encounters the Indian tigers. The opening ceremony consists of folk dances and entertaining songs, followed by discussions on wildlife conservation by experts. Ethnic food, live demos, and an exhibition cum sale of wonderfully crafted souvenirs are the major highlights of the event. The tribal paintings and tiger sculptures, made by this tribe, put some light on how they perceive the forests and the animals. There is no denying that the tribes are more attached to this magnificent animal and its habitat than anyone could be.
The 8th Edition of Anioma Cultural Festival held at Arcade Ground beside Grand Hotel, Asaba, Delta State has come and gone but memoirs of the cultural event will linger on in the minds of its attendees, culture aficionados, culture historians, tourists and indeed lovers of culture alike. The MTN sponsored occasion, supported by West African Food Seasoning and put together by the Organization for the Advancement of Anioma Culture (OFAAC) was a cultural festival to behold and perhaps the finest in the history of Delta State as some analysts have put it. It was indeed a colourful event that suggested the aptitude of the people to preserve and flaunt their cherished dance culture to the world.
It was something worth Anioma day. The Anioma Cultural Festival is the single biggest annual event of the Anioma people assembling the highest number of royal fathers and their subjects alike. Nothing has reached this magnitude in the history of the people. It is now an occasion that groups and individuals look forward to hoping it times swiftly because it practically defines and redefines the culture people’s culture. In the past, it has brought to Anioma’s soil, a former Head of State and other people of greater substance. This year’s theme has been “Spirit of Unity in Anioma”. The organizers envision that unity is a necessary factor that will accentuate several socio-political and economic accomplishments for the people including separate statehood.
Guests on arriving at the venue at this year’s edition had breathtakingly noticed the arresting and leading sights of the “Y’ellow” colour of MTN Nigeria only surpassed by the radiant “Akwa-Ocha or Otogwu” (traditional white attire) of the Anioma people everywhere and it required nothing more to presage that the event in question was not for “children”. As events unfolded, guests were tickled heartwarmingly with cultural dances; traditional wrestling, fashion show and a raffle draw so that in the end, it was a wonder just how much the participants had given in their best to rehearsals to thrillingly give the audience an epic-deserving demonstration of the richness of the people’s culture that was more than anything worth it. The graspable deduction is that the people are still living with an unbroken culture. Conceivably, the only event comparable to the festival may have been the Anioma rally organized in the mid 1980s by Obi (Senator) Nosike Ikpo, Dr.G. O. Orewa, Prof B. I. C. Ijomah and Chief P. O. C. Ozieh (The fathers of the Anioma nation) for the Movement for the Creation of Anioma State to draw public support for the creation of Anioma State.
This year’s edition of Anioma Cultural Festival was fantastically organized courtesy of punctilious and efficient legerdemain of Arch Kester Ifeadi, Paddy Ugbo and Godfrey Osakwe and well represented by quite a whole number of towns that make up the Anioma nation. First, the music of Ogbogu Okonji and Uche Nwalama blaring from the speakers of MTN Nig had to give way to the Master of Ceremonies who promptly acknowledged the presence of guests and participants to the event. Second, a poignant opening speech rendered by Arch Ifeadi, the chief host flagged-off the ceremony with over 100 participating groups and nearly 30 monarchs also royally in attendance.
Several kinds of cultural dance of Anioma including “Egwu Ohuhu (Oshushu or Osusu), Egwu Aguba, Egwu Imanokwa, Egwu Aja, Egwu Amala, Egwu Ekobe, Egwu Oduko, Egwu Idegbani and Egwu Uloko displayed the art of power dance only exceptional to the Anioma group. From Agbor to Utegbeje; Amai to Umusa; Onicha-Ugbo to Ibusa and Ashaka to Aboh, the cultural attire and dance-language of the people were the same. Anioma had quite enough of it to pass on to their children yet unborn. These were kinds of dances that appeared very magically charming to the outside world but for time, the Anioma had more to offer.
In the primary school category, the Seat of Wisdom Primary School, Kwale won the competition. Brighter Future Secondary School, Kwale also came first in the secondary school category that was adjudged very tough. The occupational war dance category which stole the attention of the audience was won by Onu Anioma, Owa-Alero. Chukwu Onyi Rimma of Agbor-Obi won the “Egwu Oshushu” dance style category. The “Egwu Amala” dance category was won by Ika Nrima also from Agbor-Obi while Heavenly Steppers of Kwale came first in the contemporary dance category of the competition. Umu Nzei carried the day in the traditional wrestling competition. The Kwale and Ika’s performance tremendously relegated their Oshimili and Aniocha kinsmen to the background.
Some royal fathers and mother graced the occasion and were His Royal Highness, Obi Kikachukwu, the Obi of Ubulu-Unor; His Royal Highness, Obi Okolie I (JP), the Obi of Egbudu Akah; His Royal Highness, Obi Johnson Ekpechilu, the Ezemu of Emu; His Royal Highness, Obi (Prof) Louis Chellunor Nwaoboshi, the Obuzor of Ibusa; His Royal Highness, Obi Emmanuel Offor, the Obi of Adonta; His Royal Highess, Obi Godwin Onyeweuwa, the Obi of Ewulu; His Royal Highness, Ezewali Ahoma Collins, the Obi of Otolokpo; His Royal Highness, Obi Ofuokwu, the Obi of Obior; Her Royal Majesty, Obi Martha Dunkwu, the Omu of Anioma and His Royal Majesty, Dr. Emeka Ilunor, the Ezeduna II of Ifitedunu in Dunukafia Local Government Area of Anambra State. The Asagba of Asaba, Obi (Prof) Chike Edozie was well represented.
The presence of Dr. Emeka Ilunor, the Igwe of Ifitedunu symbolized the kinship that Anioma share with their Igbo kinsmen across the Niger and is well praiseworthy. The arrival of the Igwe ushered in joy and added colour to the event as he was applauded by the other Highnesses in recognition of his shared relationship with the people of Anioma. The light-hearted royal father beamed with so much joy upon arrival at the venue and did not find it difficult to blend with the rest of his kinsmen from the other part of the River Niger. His participation and especially the formal procedure that trailed his influx to the venue were supremely and glamorously majestic.
The Umu Anioma Foundation Inc was also well represented at the occasion by the delegation led by this writer (Emeka Esogbue). The Foundation members dazzlingly and gloriously shone in T-shirts, fez-caps and jean-jackets specially branded for the occasion with the inscription that symbolized Anioma as the nation’s 37th state in the making. The presence of the apex Anioma organization was well received following the announcement of its presence by the Master of Ceremonies. The group presented its aims and objectives with bottles of wines to the royal fathers in attendance. It also offered the monarchs, a pre-prepared speech from the convener of the Group, Prince Emmanuel Ohai.
The event was also well covered by the media. Some of which were Channels Television, Silverbird Television, Ovation Magazine and others. Interviews were richly entertained from important guests and representatives including this writer on behalf of Umu Anioma Foundation. The writer (Emeka Esogbue) told Silverbird Television crew that the actualization of the proposed Anioma State was most significant for the Anioma people so it represents one of the key-targets of Umu Anioma Foundation that the people gets it. The Umu Anioma Foundation is working tirelessly towards achieving the objective.
He also expressed his optimism that the Jonathan’s administration would grant it because the proposed state is more viable than several of the existing states. He had earlier expressed his desire for the continuation of Anioma Cultural Festival to the MTN Publication. He stated that that there were quite a lot to benefit from the festival. He also praised the organizers of the event for their ability to put together such a huge event while explicating his awareness that a number of Anioma indigenes have in the past profited from the micro-scheme facility of OFAAC. OFAAC is one of the best things to happen to the region despite all odds that it needs to surmount.
Although, the cultural Festival was a colossal accomplishment, it was sad that many of the region’s politicians and political representatives had their faces missing at the event. As one of the guests at the event puts it “It was cheerless and ironical that these politicians who after riding on the backs of the poor masses to gain positions refused to show their faces at the festival”. It was also cynical, mordant and irreverent that the Anioma big names were also missing. What could have happened to the teeming Anioma academicians, technocrats, community leaders, educationists, politician, top government functionaries, serving and ex-service men and sportsmen and women?
Political rallies should never only be meeting platforms for politicians who have made immense benefits from offices using the name of the region and its people. Except, the cultural festival is for royal fathers and dancers only, the Anioma politicians and indigenes that parade big names must be made to explain why they refused to identify with their people. Leaders of Anioma socio-political and economic groups should also not be spared for their absence because an event like a cultural festival remains the best platform to determine the feelings of the people they purportedly represent. The people should not be represented in absence. Although, lots of Groups exist in Anioma, these Groups were never found inside arranged canopies sparking off speculations that they are too far from their own people.
Personal interviews granted by this writer revealed that a larger number of attendees expressed satisfaction that politicians were not in attendance. To them, the presence of politicians meant assassinations followed by violence and such would not be in the interest of OFAAC and what they hope to achieve. However, this should not be so. A gathering like this will offer politicians the opportunity to fraternize with their own people.
The roll-call of monarchs present at the event also confirmed that only about 15% of them were present at the ceremony. OFAAC is a non-governmental body and belongs to every illustrious son and daughter of Anioma. There is therefore no reason why royal fathers should rather choose to be present at a political rally over a cultural festival of the people the claims to truly represent. As custodians of traditions and cultures, a cultural festival celebration is the day of any royal highness who has the interest of his people at heart. We may argue that political rallies are more financially rewarding to attend but it is more graceful for a monarch to majestically and smilingly watch his own people perform excitingly since a monarch remains part of the society he traditionally presides over.
OFAAC on their own part should also show readiness to carry everyone along and ensure that the numerous towns and communities of the region are parts of the event. Of importance to the region is that invitations are extended to Anioma areas outside Delta State. One would have wished that Anioma communities of Onitsha, Igbanke, Ekpon, Ozza, Ogbaru, Ogidi, Oguta, Ogba, Oba, Akwukwu-Obosi, Ozobulu, Oraifite and Ndoni feature in the cultural festival because the people remain one with strong ancestral links. Although, His Royal Majesty, the Ezeduna of Ifitedunu was present, guests were open-mouthed as to why there were no participants from his distant part of Anioma land. OFACC should truly use the cultural festival as a rallying point to culturally reunite the Anioma people in the five Nigerian states that they have found themselves.
Although this year’s edition featured secondary school groups, it will be nicer if Anioma higher institution groups are made to participate in the parades for in this way, the youths of the region would have carried the day. We are aware that Anioma Groups are now springing up in different higher institutions and will remain fortified with events like what OFAAC offers. The future is indeed bright for OFAAC and the Anioma Cultural Festival because in time to come it will surely attract foreign tourists and Nigerians in Diaspora to the Anioma soil. Once this is achieved, Anioma soil will become the home of African culture lovers.
Importantly, OFACC with every of its event has demonstrated that there is room for further improvement. I salute the Board, trustees and members of the Organization for the Advancement of Anioma Culture for a job well done. I stand up for you!
The 15th edition of the Dubai Summer Surprises (DSS) festival is currently underway in the emirate and visitors were treated to a spectacular opening ceremony on 14th June, 2012.
Thousands of local residents and tourists taking Dubai holidays are joining in with the month-long celebrations and during the opening ceremony at Modhesh World at Dubai World Trade Centre, they enjoyed impressive acrobatic shows, laser displays and a fantastic parade at Hall Number 6 of the trade centre.
The annual festival is aimed towards families planning holidays to Dubai and the event also attracts thousands of local residents and visitors of all ages.
This image in flickr thanks to worldtraveller5, on Flickr
Dubai Summer Surprises runs from 14th June to 14th July, 2012 and during the festivities, holidaymakers can enjoy entertainment including, live music, parades, puppet shows, exhibitions, sports and games, competitions, discounts, store promotions, raffles and much more.
Younger visitors can watch stage cartoon shows including The Smurfs, Hello Kitty, Barbie, Sponge Bob, Ice Age, Charlie and Lola, and Teletubbies.
Tourists who are looking to indulge during their holidays in Dubai can take advantage of the Dubai Spas Promotion where premium spas in the emirate such as Spa Zen, The Rixos Royal Spa, Softouch Spa, and Amara Spa are offering a wide range of discounts on pampering treatments and services.
The annual festival is organised by the Dubai Events and Promotions Establishment (DEPE) and is aimed at families taking luxury holidays across the GCC. The summer event also helps increase occupancy levels for Dubai hotels during their “weaker” tourist season.
The first Dubai Summer Surprises took place in 1998 and attracted 600,000 visitors who spent Dh850 million. Last year, the festival recorded four million visitors and they spent Dh8.8 billion during the month-long event.
Visitors will have the chance to win a selection of prizes during a Dubai holidays, including a Nissan Patrol and AED 150,000 in cash in the weekly DSS Grand Raffle; weekly prizes at the Festival Centre such as AED 50,000 DFC gift vouchers and a grand prize of a Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited; and an Emirates Airline return economy ticket to any Emirates Airline destination in the weekly MasterCard joint-promotion.
- Select a venue. If you’re planning on renting a space, contact the venue operator and ask whether he offers a discount for off-nights. Venues may be have greater availability during weeknights or on Sunday, and you might find a big discount. Or simply throw the party at your home or a friend’s upscale house.
- Skip the dinner and offer an extended cocktail party. Hire a few professional waiters or waitresses to serve hors d’oeuvres, such as sliced blue cheese on crackers, drizzled with rosemary-infused honey and garnished with thinly sliced scallions. Or simply offer the gig to a few friends or family members looking to make a few bucks. Have them dress in crisp white dress shirts and slacks. Cook the hors d’oeuvres yourself or enlist a few people to help.
- Choose music. Professional bands can be pricey, so look into local music schools and ask whether they offer student musicians to play your party. Schedule a visit so you can hear them play. You don’t want a couple of young violinists, who’ve only been playing for a few months. Or if you’re throwing the party at your house, hire a cellist or simply hook up your iPod and mix in elegant music, as well as a few dance numbers if you have the space.
- Trim the guest list to only the people you need or really want at the party. You probably don’t need to invite the girl who waves to you at your yoga class. Not only does trimming the list keep the affair more personal, but it also can save hundreds of dollars, depending on the number of people. It also allows you to select a smaller venue, which can save even more money. If you need to invite a large number of guests, such as for a business party, hold the event during the workweek, which allows you to cut back on alcohol purchases.
- String up little white lights to give an elegant winter look. Save money on centerpieces by filling up glass bowls with water and have votive candles floating on top. If you feel the need to send out invitations, purchase discounted stationary or use an electronic invitation website, which invites guests through email.
- Choose an event that would complement a mocktail party. Maybe a going away lunch for a co-worker or a friend of yours is pregnant and you want to throw her a baby shower. These would be good opportunities for a mocktail party. A mocktail party is a good choice when you want to add a special pizazz to a party but you don’t want to include alcohol.
- Choose an array of specialty drink recipes. There are some great fun and fruity flavored recipes for cocktails but you just want to leave out the alcohol. Select at least three different recipes. For example, try a a virgin frozen daquiri, a virgin margarita and soda water with fresh lemon or lime. By choosing at least three different recipes chances are you will have something that will appeal to each of your guests.
- Serve each of the drinks in festive colored glassware with some type of decorative item such as a toothpick paper umbrella or a mermaid. Choose something that will coordinate with the rest of the party. Serve the drinks on a party tray to add to the festive mood. Use coordinating napkins. Serve the mocktails to your guests and also leave a “bar” available for them to help themselves.
- Play good music. One of the reasons it seems alcohol is served so often at parties is alcohol seems to make some people feel more relaxed. If you key up a creative play list before the party starts you will help set a relaxing but fun atmosphere for the party. Your guests will mingle and indulge in good conversation in no time. You will be on your way to throwing a perfect mocktail party.
- Finally, plan a party game. Make sure the game is simple because it is meant only to be an ice breaker. For a baby shower you could collect baby safety pins in a large glass container and offer a prize to whoever guesses the right number. You could have trivia cards around the room and encourage guests to ask each other questions from the list. Tailor the trivia to the type of party you are having. By planning a party game to serve as an ice breaker you get your guests involved in something fun.
- Keep your mocktails fresh and well stocked. A blended drink will need to be kept chilled. A soda water with fresh lime will need available ice. Offer to re-fill your guests drinks for them. Keep the party going in a positive up-beat direction.
- Choose a candle company to do business with if you aren’t making your own candles. Always check the company out with the Better Business Bureau. To further make sure the company is legitimate, confirm that it’s a member of the Direct Selling Association. Then examine the companies to see which one has the best products with the highest commission.
- Set a date for your candle party. It should be at least three weeks away. Create a list the same day of guests you want to invite. Always invite more guests than you want to make up for the guests that don’t show.
- Make your own invitations or use the ones provided by the company for which you are selling the candles. If you are making your own, a simple word-processing program that allows you to add candle clip-art will do. Mail the invitations within a few days of picking the party date.
- Plan a few candle games to play during the party. Wrap three different scented candles in dark tissue paper. Have guests smell each and guess what the scent is. Give a small prize to anyone who guesses correctly. Another candle party game involves shouting out candle scents in order of the alphabet. For example, the beginning of your game will sound something like this: apple cinnamon, blackberry, cotton candy.
- Set up a snack area. Have a few appetizers or snacks on hand for your guests. Pretzels, cheese and pepperoni, pizza bites and vegetables with dip are all good choices for a candle party. Set out some sparkling cider or wine so your guests have something to drink.
- Display your candles on a table that is viewable by all of your guests. Conduct your demonstrations from that table and allow for any questions. Be sure to pass some of the candles around so all of the guests can get a closer look.
- Take orders and collect the money once you have finished your demonstration and candle games. During this time, guests can get up and view the items on your table as well as mingle and discuss purchasing options with other guests. Be available to help guests fill out their order forms.
- Send the ordered items to your guests, or drop them off yourself to save shipping charges. Give each guest a thank-you card when you give him his candles.
Step 1: Choose a Color Scheme
Creating a pretty and stylish summer table is simple. Start by choosing a color scheme. You don’t want everything to match, but having some direction helps when picking out items.
The season itself can inspire the color scheme, such as nature-inspired hues like ocean blues and grassy greens. One item may also inspire the rest of the party — like a beautiful fabric, such as these napkins.
Once you have your color palette, begin gathering your items!
Step 2: Use a Variety of Shades Within Your Color Palette
For a sophisticated look, don’t rely on one shade of blue and one shade of green. Use varying shades of both for a collected look.
For example, here, you see baby blues all the way to royal blues and mint greens all the way to dark teal. The result is that the overall table has more dimension and visual appeal.
Step 3: Use Fabric for Table Linens
It can be really hard to find beautiful and unique table linens at a reasonable price. Instead of searching for just the right table cloth and napkins for days on end, head to your local fabric store where the options are endless.
Don’t have time or know how to sew? No problem! Use pinking shears to cut your table cloth and napkins to size. The cut left behind keeps the edges from fraying and you have beautiful table linens in record time!
Step 4: Bring The Inside Out
Summer design tips often include the saying, “Bring the Outside In.” Well, for outdoor summer entertaining, bring the inside out! Get outside for your summer gathering — a back porch, patio, or even just out in the grass will do the trick. There is something magical about entertaining out in nature. Create a welcoming environment by bringing decor items from inside your home out to your event.
Make the party feel extra special and comfortable by bringing out some nice chairs to surround your outdoor table.
Take your summer party to the next level by creating a simple lounge area. Throw down a rug (whether you’re on a porch or grass), toss out some floor pillows and a side table or two for drinks.
Step 5: Use Greenery Instead of Flowers
No summer party is complete without greenery. Opting for an all-green palette for your centerpieces in lieu of flowers lends to the casual feel of summer. Plus, it goes with any color scheme!
Grocery store Eucalyptus sprigs create the perfect summer centerpiece, but clippings from your yard work just as well! Group them in several vases for a pretty yet casual statement.
Step 6: Create Simple, Stylish Place Cards
Place cards make your guests feel welcome, but you do not want to spend all day making intricate name tags! Instead, choose a thick scrapbook paper that fits your color scheme. Cut a 4-inch square and fold it in half. Write each person’s name in gold paint pen.
Now the table is set, the lounge is ready, and all that’s left for you to do is enjoy your guests!
Join the National Republican Party
- Go to the Republican National Committee website (GOP.com).
- Notice the Action Center box. A list of activities with a line for joining the party is in the box.
- Point your mouse over “Join the GOP Team” and click.
- Fill out the form and add a password. The form contains many volunteer activities. See if one suits you or just choose the contribution box.
- Notice the “Join” button at the bottom. Click to go to the next page where you finish.
Join Your State Republican Party
- Consider joining the Republican Party for your state. Go to the Republican National Committee website (GOP.com).
- Click “State Parties” on the tool bar. It takes you to a map of the United States. For example, choose Michigan if that is where you live.
- Click your state and see the information to the right of the map. In the Michigan example notice the website address for this state.
- Set your mouse over the state’s address and click. You are automatically directed to your state’s Republican Party.
- Look for “become a member” or other such words, such as “join” then click. States vary on website appearance.
- Follow instructions on the form then submit your information. In the Michigan example, the word “Donate” is at the bottom. Click this. That’s it
Prepare for the party
- Send invitations. A cryptic e-mail will work fine for this game: “You are hereby summoned to a Clue party at the home of (your name) at (time) on (date), where you will investigate the murder of Mr. Boddy. Please come dressed as (choose one of the following for each guest: Colonel Mustard, Miss Scarlet, Professor Plum, Mr. Green, Mrs. White or Mrs. Peacock).”
- Decide who will be designated as the murderer, in which room the murder was committed, and with which weapon was used to carry it out. Take the cards that represent each of these elements out of the Clue set and place them in the provided envelope.
- Label nine areas of your house by making and hanging poster-board signs that designate each area as one of the rooms in the Clue mansion.
- Collect the following “murder weapons:” the revolver (use a toy gun),the candlestick, the knife (use a plastic or rubber one), the rope, the wrench and the pipe.
Play the Game
- As the guests arrive, give each of them an envelope containing a suspect card, a weapon card and a room card. Also give them each a game sheet and a pencil (which are provided with the Clue set).
- Announce which player will begin the game and which room the game will start in. All players will report to that room.
- Explain to the players that they will use the game sheets to take notes and eliminate suspects, weapons and rooms as they play.
- Have the first player (A) guess who the murderer was, what weapon was used and in what room the murder was committed. The accused individual (B) then either says to A, “I have none of those cards,” or privately shows one of those cards to A.
- Tell Player B that it is now his turn. He may stay in the same room or request that all the players go to a different room.
- Play continues until one player decides to make a formal accusation. He does so, and then looks into the envelope that was prepared before the guests arrive. If he is correct, he has won the game. If he is incorrect, he continues to participate but is not allowed to make another guess.
Read more : http://www.ehow.com/how_4448968_host-clue-party.html
- Pick a theme for your party. It doesn’t have to be anything elaborate but it should be the reason friends are gathering to celebrate. A loved one’s homecoming, an engagement announcement, or a block party to meet the neighbors are only a few examples of party themes; decide upon yours and plan the rest of the party around the theme.
- Send out the invitations. Optimally, guests should receive their invitations 2 weeks before the party. This gives them time to schedule the event into their time frame, arrange for babysitters or make travel arrangements. If a guest will be traveling a long ways, the earlier they get the invitation, the better.
- Create the proper atmosphere. Parties should be fun. If you’re hosting the party at home, look at your surroundings with a critical eye. Put knickknacks away for a clean look and add a banner or decorations to make the room more festive. Provide adequate seating for your guests.
- Schedule the party events. Allow enough time for guest arrival before serving a meal or showing a film. If your party centers around a televised sports event, plan for guests to arrive at least 30 minutes before the event starts. Allow time for latecomers if you’re planning a sit-down meal.
- Plan your food list and shop a few days ahead of time. Dishes that can be prepared in advance and frozen will save you much-needed time on the day of the party. If you’re hiring a caterer, she will need lots of advance notice of your menu and the number of guests you are expecting. Popular caterers are often booked months in advance.
- Double-check the details the night before the party by doing a quick walkthrough, starting at your front door, as if you were a guest, and proceeding through your home. Make sure there is an area for guest’s coats, extra soap and clean hand towels in the bathroom. Count your serving plates and glasses to make sure there are enough.
- Dress early for the party to prevent last minute dashing. Some guests may arrive early and you’ll need to be ready. Preparation is the key to a successful party.
- Greet all your guests in person, if possible, and welcome them to your home. Follow your schedule, excusing yourself to tend to party needs and relax. Even in the best-planned events, something inevitably goes awry. Smile and focus on having fun.
Read more : http://www.ehow.com/how_2272636_host-successful-party.html